Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of any reliable riding backpacks? I work on a Navy base and it's mandatory to be visible when riding a motorcycle. If the jacket you wear on base is reflective, you're good to go. But if you wear a darker jacket you would be required to wear an orange or yellow vest over the jacket itself.

Anyway, I stumbled upon an Icon backpack on Motorcycle-superstore.com and was wondering if anyone had any opinions on it. I have read several reviews on the site itself (about the pack), but sometimes it's helpful to communicate to people (who might have the pack) to get a faster educated response.

The link for the Icon pack is:

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/1/1/418/16955/ITEM/Icon-Squad-II-Mil-Spec-Pack.aspx

If anyone knows of any other great performing backpacks, let me know! -Thanks

·
Registered
680 Posts
What a coincidence. I was just thinking of selling a great Cortech backpack that I never really use since I got a Luggage Locker tail bag. I used to strap it on the sissy bar of my cruiser before I bought the SV last summer. Actually used it for only three or four months, so it's like new. It was $70 plus shipping new. I'd let it go for $50 shipped. PM me if you're interested. (Since you're new here, just click on my name and hit the send private message button.) Here's a link to it:

http://www.kneedraggers.com/details/TourMaster_Cortech_Backpack--58-TM05-1.html

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the offer, but I'm looking for something a little bit more reflective. That's not a bad backpack though, I'll let you know if I change my mind.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
try this, it's pink

Perfect. I can manage that. It's reflective, looks incredibly durable and I'm sure the fit on that backpack would be very snug. I know the base MPs would never question my reflectiveness on base with the um...Giraffe Squeezer backpack. It's probably not worth the price though...sigh

·
Lifer
5,220 Posts
I have the squad I and it's super reflective. The base I work on (thank goodness) doesn't force contractors to wear the gh3y vest (or the bright yellow bookbag really).

I bought the bag used on the forums here for cheap. It's huge and holds TONS of stuff.

Between that an my Recon19 I can hold half the earth to take some of atlas' burden off of his shoulders.

Um, yeah.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have the squad I and it's super reflective. The base I work on (thank goodness) doesn't force contractors to wear the gh3y vest (or the bright yellow bookbag really).

I bought the bag used on the forums here for cheap. It's huge and holds TONS of stuff.

Between that an my Recon19 I can hold half the earth to take some of atlas' burden off of his shoulders.

Um, yeah.

Cool man, thanks for the info. I might consider it.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I use the Squad I pack, as well. Am very pleased overall with the quality and versatility it offers. If I had the choice I'd like it to hold a bit more, but thats what tank bags and bungee cords are for I guess. I've had it loaded up for a three day trip plus a spair helmet though, so it is by no means shabby. And the straps/padding makes it very comfortable. I couldn't believe the difference in feel when I switched to it from just an everyday school backpack.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
$125 for a backpack? :rolleyes: WTF! Does it have lips er sumpin'?

I got a North Face Recon backpack on clearance for half that. Even retail on it is less. Plus it looks a lot less stupid than that Icon sh-t.
Yeah, I've decided on a "NO" for that backpack. My friend laughed at me too. :(

·
Registered
169 Posts
i think the Cortech is much better and its cheaper, i'm going to look into getting one later this summer ;D

·
Registered
680 Posts
I gotcha covered. Now's your chance! (Shameless plug.)

You could always get some reflective tape and slap a couple of strips across it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts