Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
K

·
0 Posts
I have a pair on order, I'll let you know in a couple days ;D After a ton of research, they are the most protective 'standard' style boot you can buy, and with two simple clips, they are easy on/off so I can use them to commute easilly. I ordered mine from the same site, they are excellent to deal with.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I have had a pair for the past few months and I'm not impressed with them at all. This may be a case-by-case basis, but the fit is just wierd and they can pinch and bite around the ankle. The soles are hard as hell not even sitting down relieves foot-pain, nonetheless walking around with them on. Also, the boots are THICK on top and offer next to no feel on the shift lever. On top of it all, the buckles are poorly made and the strap can get caught around the buckle even when it is in the open position, making it next to impossible to get them off sometimes. Sorry to burst the bubble, but I'd pay more and get a good pair of race boots from Alpinestars, Dainese, or (if you have the cash) Sidi. You get more protection and loads more comfort.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
90 Posts
Good choice on the JR boots.

Icon gear is great looking crap IMO. My 350$ motorhead jacket suffered and inordinate amount of road rash from a low speed (30 mph) slide, and busted a bunch of seams. A fellow SVer posted recently about his Icon Tarmac gloves that shredded at 55 mph.

There are better brands for less money out there. But they don't have the Stunna bling ::)

·
Registered
97 Posts
I have had a pair for about a year, one of three different pair of riding boots I have. I also have a pair of Alpinestar sport touring boots, and a pair of Oxtar race boots. The Icon's are heavy and stiff, but they are infinitely better to walk around in than the Oxtars, which I cannot wear if I'm going to be doing anything other than riding. I find that the clip on one buckle gets hung up pretty frequently when I'm trying to take them off, making it a bit of a pain to get that one boot off. My $.02 worth.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts