Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
anybody else with input? i'll be getting it in a month and any input is appreciated.

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
I know there is alot of ish talked about icon gear but...

I know of 2 people that have gone down in icon gear, both of them survived both of them are still running icon gear.

I dont know the exact models they were using but all gear held up appropriatly. I have an icon leather jacket that is very well made as far as i can tell and /knocks on wood/ i have never tested it so far....hopefully i dont have to.

·
Registered
8,290 Posts
I like that jacket. I've examined it in the stores. It seems well-made and has a nice zip-out quilted liner. I was considering it because it is not quite as tapered as most leather sport-style mc jackets (more of a straight-cut), which works for me and my middle-aged physique.

But, $400. Uh, no.

If you like it, get it, but I'd wait for it to go on close-out, or find a nice used one.

EDIT: For $475, drummerdave (Spartan Apparel) can sell you a made-to-measure 2-piece perfed leather suit.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i can get the icon accelerant perforated on newenough.com for $330 shipped to my door. so i will probably just go that way.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I'm also strongly looking at one of these jackets. Whoever says Icon stuff isn't top notch has not owned it. Between my fiance and I we have 5 jackets, 4 pairs of boots, gloves, pants, chaps, etc. Zero compaints what-so-ever. I think it's the traditionalists who don't prefer the new styling of Icon, but their quality is second to none.

Go for it and let us know what you think!

·
Registered
720 Posts
$330? $400?

I wouldn't pay that much more a single manufactured jacket. You can get a freaking 1 piece for a little more, or maybe a little less on closeout somewhere. NewEnough was selling Teknic Chicane 1 pieces for $275 this winter.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well thanks to Wicked650, i just purchased the jacket online for $273 shipped through sandhillspowersports.com! i have never shopped through these guys before so i will let you know how it goes.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ok guys and gals, i finally got the jacket in along with some icon pursuit perforated gloves. it took about 7 days. i would highly recommend these guys for any riding gear. theyre prices are extremely discounted and i have no complaints with theyre service. there will be more of a review on the jacket itself in a few weeks after i get some riding in.

·
SV Hadder
10,486 Posts
I'm also strongly looking at one of these jackets. Whoever says Icon stuff isn't top notch has not owned it. Between my fiance and I we have 5 jackets, 4 pairs of boots, gloves, pants, chaps, etc. Zero compaints what-so-ever. I think it's the traditionalists who don't prefer the new styling of Icon, but their quality is second to none.

Go for it and let us know what you think!
WAAAAAAY WRONG!!!!!!

ok guys and gals, i finally got the jacket in along with some icon pursuit perforated gloves. it took about 7 days. i would highly recommend these guys for any riding gear. theyre prices are extremely discounted and i have no complaints with theyre service. there will be more of a review on the jacket itself in a few weeks after i get some riding in.
I'd be wary of those gloves. I had the non-perforated ones. I had a highside and tumbled, DID NOT SLIDE, and the seams on those gloves EXPLODED. tore right open. they are not excellent gloves. they're better than nothing, but definitely not the best stuff out there.

·
Registered
4,036 Posts
i bought the leather motorhead yesterday, which is pretty similar. I can say that the quality is pretty good, it is not crap like some of their stuff (helmets). My only complaint is that they cheaped out and didnt use stretch panels in the shoulders/pits so it is kind of stiff.

As for why don't you just spend a little more and buy a one piece, some of us already have one pieces. I needed a leather jacket to go with jeans on the street.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yea i don't need or want a one piece as i don't do any track days, so i thought it was logical to pay up for a nice leather jacket.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Heres my experience. i have an Icon Airframe helmet and (unfortunately) downed twice and it held my head nicely in place and still works great. little chip here and there in the paint but its pretty quiet and very aerodynamic.

As for the jackets. i think they take up the quality of HD jackets. You pay for a Label. the quality isnt that great. more for looks than anything else. had friends with Icon jackets that exploded rather than slid. same with gloves. I would stay with companies that sell race gear as they are more focused on fitment and function than appearance.

thats my $0.02 but stick with what you want. As for me I'm saving for the Scorpion All-In Naked leather jacket. love the retro dragster look.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i also wouldn't have bought this jacket if i had to pay full retail ($390!!) but i got a sweet deal for $273 shipped so i think its worth a shot as i have never had anything icon besides theyre helmets. if i have any problems with the jacket i will definately post it up in this thread.

·
SV Hadder
10,486 Posts
Heres my experience. i have an Icon Airframe helmet and (unfortunately) downed twice and it held my head nicely in place and still works great. little chip here and there in the paint but its pretty quiet and very aerodynamic.
If your helmet hit the ground with your head in it, it's toast.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts