·
Registered
4,830 Posts
Death is cool... hehehe

FREEDOM!!!

·
Registered
85 Posts
The part that always bothers me is that stuff like this doesn't matter to the right people. People who are already wearing helmets look at those, and it reinforces their decision.

The idiots running around at 70 mph without a lid are the ones that need to realize that physics doesn't really respect your opinion, and in the end you're more likely to die/be seriously injured without one. Here's hoping the ads work on those folks.

[/end soapbox]

·
Registered
675 Posts
they need to display this pictures in Michigan and the other states that dont require you to wear a helmet...just cuz your not required to wear one does not mean you actually should not...taking these and posting to FB

·
Registered
3 Posts
MI just killed the helmet law this year.

I get asked quite often whether I wear one.
I get asked by other riders why I wear one.

I answer.

I like being able to feed myself.

·
Registered
425 Posts
i like it. now if they could only do stuff like this with cigarettes and stuff. where did you find these?
Dunno if this was just a CA thing, but they just shot down measure that would have required graphic images on cig packaging.
Tobacco industry won on "free speech".

·
Registered
818 Posts
I was going to post that I thought that graphic images were ineffective, but then I remembered a particularly ugly picture of a knee that was posted here on SVR several years ago. That pic influenced my decision to switch from "jeans and a jacket" to overpants or one-piece suit w/ knee & hip armor. I still wish I could "un-see" that pic.

I'm not in favor of the graphic crash pics, put suppose they work and save some people from pain and death.

·
MOTORADOR
10,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Technically skulls are natural helmets...
Does your natural helmet also have a life expectancy of five years? :icon_biggrin:

·
Premium Member
2,041 Posts
Does your natural helmet also have a life expectancy of five years? :icon_biggrin:
I am more worried about the ones here that wear helmets and still have to be spoon fed. :ears:

·
Registered
5,871 Posts
I get asked quite often whether I wear one.
I get asked by other riders why I wear one.

I answer.

I like being able to feed myself.
I had never noticed that before, but you are absolutly right. Interesting.

Good answer as well. I usually don't bother answering. For someone to ask why, logic is obviously completely lost amongst that person.

As for the commercial, I like it. I'd only consider it mildly graphic, and not at all grotesque. If you think that is graphic... imagine the minutes right after the accident.

Sadly, as noted earlier, it is likely the people that already wear a helmet that make that connection, and the ones that don't just insert the same lame excuse they always use about why they are better than the people in the commercial.

·
Registered
35 Posts
The part that always bothers me is that stuff like this doesn't matter to the right people. People who are already wearing helmets look at those, and it reinforces their decision.

The idiots running around at 70 mph without a lid are the ones that need to realize that physics doesn't really respect your opinion, and in the end you're more likely to die/be seriously injured without one. Here's hoping the ads work on those folks.

[/end soapbox]
^^^this

1 - 20 of 25 Posts