Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
622 Posts
Very nice indeed! What fork setup did you have before the GSXR's were installed? Also, what rear shock are you running?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
JPDD said:
Very nice indeed! What fork setup did you have before the GSXR's were installed? Also, what rear shock are you running?
Before I had the stock forks with .95 springs and Emulators. I have the Fox TC with a heavy spring on it. I'm 220.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
doxiedog said:
Nice :) how hard to mount 916 fairing?
916 fairing is easy. Fits fine. Had to stabalize it with some simple brackets that bolt to the sides of the radiator. Puts no pressure on the radiator just holds the sides of the fairing in place.

·
Premium Member
622 Posts
TylerDare said:
JPDD said:
Before I had the stock forks with .95 springs and Emulators. I have the Fox TC with a heavy spring on it. I'm 220.
Have you had a chance to compare the two front ends? Is there a huge difference? Thanks!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
JPDD said:
TylerDare said:
JPDD said:
Have you had a chance to compare the two front ends? Is there a huge difference? Thanks!
I'll let you know on Monday ;)

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
JPDD said:
TylerDare said:
JPDD said:
To answer your question. yes!! the differance was amazing. Before I was never able to adjust the for the bumpy tracks on the front. For the first time I was able to remove the little bumps plus knock 2 seconds off my lap times. Then there is the brakes. Simply amazing. I didn't really get my groove going as we got rained out but I still had an amazing time.

·
Premium Member
622 Posts
TylerDare said:
JPDD said:
TylerDare said:
JPDD said:
To answer your question. yes!! the differance was amazing. Before I was never able to adjust the for the bumpy tracks on the front. For the first time I was able to remove the little bumps plus knock 2 seconds off my lap times. Then there is the brakes. Simply amazing. I didn't really get my groove going as we got rained out but I still had an amazing time.
Glad to hear they performed well for you...thanks!

·
Registered
419 Posts
My 6 pot GSXR calipers warped my rotors - I then found out that the 6 pots are known for warping rotors. You might try picking up a set of 4 pots off of a 750 - I went back to them and I really like them better. The 1000's have too much feel which makes them mushy feeling to me.

Looks GREAT! - Nice triples!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts