Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
**** it, it's pissing me off !!

I've got my 1st bike at 18... and I've been riding since 2000... Yep, I'm 28 Yrs old.

I'm not trying to be a squid. But I'd like to pop a wheelie here and there...

I've read all about what I'm supposed to do.

After a little time practicing, all I can do is pop the front wheel in 1st then basically backing off and bringing it back down.

Keep in mind, that is are sit-downs in 1st..

Suggestions ??!?!?

·
Registered
521 Posts
this is a touchy subject. some here say it is ok and others say oil starvation will kill the motor.

·
Registered
4,937 Posts
You==Fail

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
ok, we've had enough of these simple threads go to **** over oil starvation and 100 posts with the bucket of popcorn.

Check out youtube and you'll see a bunch of videos explaining how to. Or ask MullerJD....

..........**** squids!!!

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
From a standstill, rev to 9k, drop clutch.

Oh, have buddy video taping.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
All I have ever done is just simple power wheelies in first gear. That works well enough for me. I would say go find a nice empty parking lot somewhere and practice a bunch. Its not like there is a magic technique that lets you do them. Its a skill that has to be worked on.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Try it this way.... Roll roughly 20-25mph, in one motion slam the throttle open and pull back on the bars, keep the rear break covered, and try to ride it that way. You can also ride roughly the same speed and pull the clutch in while maintaining throttle, letting the revs come up in to range, thenrelease. The result should be an abrupt wheelie. Once you get those try shifting while at the balance point and you'll be riding 1/4 mile long wheelies before you know it! Practice makes perfect and to be honest the easiest way to learn to wheelie is to buy a dirtbike or supermoto.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
rolling 10mph in first gear WOT till you reach desired wheelie angle. maintenance throttle once
desired wheelie angle is achieved. flip somebody the "bird" while you're at it for extra awesome points. release throttle when you no longer want to be rad. or just tap on the rear brakes if you puss out.
no need to yank the bars, it's not a schwinn.

don't bother with the high speed wheelies if you can't master 1st gear

·
Premium Member
1,779 Posts
Sounds like fun, but isn't it a little hard on the equipment? :dontknow:

·
Registered
334 Posts
rolling 10mph in first gear WOT till you reach desired wheelie angle. maintenance throttle once
desired wheelie angle is achieved. flip somebody the "bird" while you're at it for extra awesome points. release throttle when you no longer want to be rad. or just tap on the rear brakes if you puss out.
no need to yank the bars, it's not a schwinn.

don't bother with the high speed wheelies if you can't master 1st gear
my 1k wont even do that

1 - 20 of 48 Posts