Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A Fieldsheer Congo in Yellow new for 2006. I can only hope these sleeves are longer then the other Fieldsheers I've tried on before.

==> Congo

:)

·
Registered
153 Posts
I have been looking into this jacket myself and for the price you cant beat it. Comes with CE armor in all the right places and its only $110 at kneedraggers! Looks nice to.

·
Premium Member
9,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
aZhE said:
I have been looking into this jacket myself and for the price you cant beat it. Comes with CE armor in all the right places and its only $110 at kneedraggers! Looks nice to.
I'm looking at the textile one over the mesh since I want to use it during the colder winters down here. And yeah Fieldsheer has CE in all the right places. So I guess they aren't going out of business.

·
Premium Member
4,625 Posts
Nexus242 said:
I'm looking at the textile one over the mesh since I want to use it during the colder winters down here.   And yeah Fieldsheer has CE in all the right places.  So I guess they aren't going out of business.
My fieldsheer jacket comes with a NICE back protector, solid and removable although I'd never do that. Yeah that going out of business stuff is crap.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I love my FieldSheer. Best armor I've ever worn.

·
Premium Member
9,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
MagpieTear said:
That jacket is all you Nex.

Colder months? ::) What colder months? You've been away from Mass. too long if you get cold down there.
Hey it gets down into the 40s during the over nights and that's pretty darn cold.

·
Premium Member
9,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Humm only $110 for the textile one on Kneedragger.Com I'm getting all sorts of excited right aboot now!!

·
Registered
2,995 Posts
Thats a pretty sweet jacket, I like the styling. If I hadn't just bought a jacket yesterday, I'd be all over that! I picked up a new jacket at a Cycle Gear store near me, a Frank Thomas Strike Textile jacket for $80 (retail $175) and it fit me surprisingly well. It had CE armor in the shoulders and elbows but no back armor, so I grapped a Dainese Wave back protector (the one that slips in the jacket--I'm not doing track days, yet at least) for another $70 or so.....not a bad deal at all in my opinion since the jacket is both textile/mesh and came with a zip out waterproof liner--it will probably be good for me for at least three seasons, if not all year!! Now to find the pants to go with it. Anyone know of another Frank Thomas dealer in the US?

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
nice might be a nice jacket for when i'm putsing around with the girl friend on the back.

·
Premium Member
6,199 Posts
It looks great (great price to) but for that price I'd be worried about the back protector. I ride pretty hard and want good protection. I don't think the foam pad back protectors are worth crap... but putting a decent one in is pretty easy.

·
Premium Member
4,625 Posts
donniej said:
It looks great (great price to) but for that price I'd be worried about the back protector.  I ride pretty hard and want good protection.  I don't think the foam pad back protectors are worth crap... but putting a decent one in is pretty easy. 
I dont know if Fieldsheer comes with the same armor in all their jackets, but the armor in my new fieldsheer jacket is CE armor, and its rock hard. Not that 1/4" foam shit.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Nexus242 said:
A Fieldsheer Congo in Yellow new for 2006.  I can only hope these sleeves are longer then the other Fieldsheers I've tried on before.

==> Congo

:)
I bought one in all black back in November. I have only worn it once but I like it. The full liner is nice.

I wear a 46 in Teknic and they fit perfect. I had to get an XL in this one. The L was a little too short in the sleeves and the shoulders were a little too tight when I reached for the bars. Mind you that was all with the liner in it. I bet it would have been OK without the liner.

The back armour is CE too.

Got mine from Sand Hill Power Sports off ebay. $100 shipped to my house and they were really cool about the exchange to XL. They listed them for $100 plus shipping so I just called them and offered $100 including shipping.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts