Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was on a ride yesterday and when we got to a stop sign, i pulled in the clutch to stop and i slowed before i hit the brake. i was not riding the brake at any time and i didnt brake hard but after a couple of quick pulls on the lever i was able to roll in neutral..

anyone else have this happen?

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
Tonye,
How many miles do you have on the bike?  You should pull apart the brake calipers and check the pads and the pistons.  I was having problems with my front brake, turns out the pistons weren't moving freely due to excess gunk (mostly brake pad dust).  Fairly easy to work on (even a girl can do it!)  ;D
If this doesn't work, I'd recommend flushing the brake lines as a next step (buy or borrow a speed bleeder).

N

·
0 Posts
If they're dragging that bad (they always drag a little) the rotors will be very hot, hot enough to sizzle if you spit on 'em. If this is the case it's definitely something to fix ASAP as the rotors are like $300 ea.

Sticky calipers, sticky mc, dirty brake fluid, bad/ damaged brake lever.

:)

·
Registered
7,347 Posts
I'm with NC, check the temperature of your discs after a ride. If either is draggin you'll be able to tell easily. SV front calipers like to clog up, especially if you do any winter riding.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
just under 4k on the bike. i have not touched the fluid yet so it still there from the factory.

i can get a pyrometer from work to check the heat. i will do a good cleaning this evening.

thanks for the advise

·
Registered
359 Posts
Mine was rubbing well on one side.... I just slowed down from 70 without breaking and when I touched one disk, it was rather warm and the other was cool to the touch... Cleaned up a bit by spray cleaner and then smacked with a rubber mallet to make sure they float and are not stuck. Problem fixed. Noticed that breaking was back to normal. Your fluid should be fine but a good bleed never hurts.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts