Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am setting up my race plastics and want to get rid of this rediculous can on the exhaust side under the seat of my 2004 svs 650. Has anyone removed this? Do I just remove and let the hoses vent into the atmosphere?

Thanks

·
Registered
899 Posts
I just took my rear fender off and saw the same can. I am sure it is part of the emissions. Is yours a California bike, cause mine is? I think they are different from the other 49 state bikes. I would love to take it off as well, but not sure if it would screw up the performance.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Im about to tear my out this weekend. My buddy who works on bikes suggested it so I see no harm in removing it.

·
Registered
618 Posts
I just removed mine, I ripped everything out and plugged everything (there are 4 plugs, the only mis match one is the fuel tank which im guessing its 3/16" and the others are 1/8", im almost certain) . will post again if I find any trouble, like one of the hoses actually needs to breath or a couple. but so far it runs great. I don't think its my imagination (could be though), it seems to rev a little faster and smoother, unstead of cutting out sometimes when i twist it too fast.

·
Registered
57 Posts
evap canister is where vapors from the gas tank are stored then when the engin is running the vacume sucks the vapors out of the canister in to the intake and burns the vapors.

the only problem i see is if you plug the line to the tank you are pluging the only vent that the tank has and you will be building up pressure.

is that bad? i don't know.

i guess it depends on how much pressure gets built up. Our gas caps are sealed so all the vapors go in to the canister.

·
Registered
618 Posts
ya, that seal is just one O ring from my understanding. Ive taken mine out and noticed a lot less hissing coming from the cap. But basically, I took my evap canister off, plugged everything and vented the tank. I got 30 mpg, yay. so i re installed it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts