Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i decided im going to shave a little off my seat...
i rember a recient thread about doing this..
i know its not hard i am just looking for pointers...

what tool works best and i think i herd shave the bottom of the foam... so the shape is still there on top....

any pointers are accepted....

anyone want to trade a stock seat for a shaved just reply or pm me...

·
Premium Member
4,625 Posts
I used my 6$ walmart machete, and yes, cut the bottom not the top.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
how much ya cut off..

and i would think you got it as even as possible right...

o yea whats ur away message mean????

·
Registered
47 Posts
Have you EVER had a thought that you didn't post about??   ;)

..and aren't most 17 yr olds out with their friends on Fri Nights??  Are you grounded, or something?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
naaaa i post everything i think of....

im not grounded just angry so i figured i shounlt go out tonight...

one of my other friends is coming over later were probably going to go drinking.... and screw around ;D

·
Registered
47 Posts
Kid Thunder said:
naaaa i post everything i think of....

im not grounded just angry so i figured i shounlt go out tonight...

one of my other friends is coming over later were probably going to go drinking.... and screw around ;D
Good luck with that, and have fun.  I turned 35 a couple of weeks ago...and I have 20 month old twins, so my life is pretty much over! :'(  Don't go out and get in any more trouble! :D

·
Registered
330 Posts
Electric carving knife is best for cutting. I cut the top since I wanted to recontour as well as lower the seat. I used a orbital sander to smooth it out after rough cutting the shape. Make sure to sand it outside as the dust was everywhere. Used 1/4 staples to reattach the cover. Started in the middle of each side then stretched the corners in.

·
Premium Member
4,625 Posts
Its easy to cut it evenly with a machete, cause its much longer than the width of the seat, just watch both sides of it while "slicing the bread".

As for my away message, it means "oh my fucking what the fuck rolling on the floor barbeque laugh out loud", it stupid, I know and I like it.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Honda_Fan said:
Electric carving knife is best for cutting.
Electric knife works slick.  I took quite a bit out...have actually taken the seat cover off three times to shave more off.  Then just some heavy grit sandpaper and staple the cover back on.  Much more comfortable and I don't feel like I'm sitting up over the handlebars.  I'm 5'4" so the lowering aspect of the mod was perfect.

Tami

·
Registered
6,503 Posts
Too much trouble. Just go to an upholstery shop and see if they have any 1" thick high density seat foam lying around. It makes a more comfortable seat and takes less time than carving. Also, if you decide you want the stock seat back you've got the foam.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts