Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just sold my Car this weekend and forgot to take the Release of Liability form off the bottom of the title.. I filled it out and forgot to tear it off... I honestly dont have the guys number and he lives out of town... can I call the DMV and do it? I understand I am responsible for the parking tickets and abandoning fees if it happens... what can I do to fix this or do I need to worry about it? First time selling stuff and my buddy reminded me and I still forgot to grab it...

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Go online to your state's DMV and download the form. At least in California, there is no info furnished on the new owner, just a release for the old owner IIRC. Worst case, call the DMV and talk to one of there stiffs. Can't be a big deal...just make sure you do it!

·
Registered
213 Posts
"Notice of Release of Liability" form on an Idaho title does have a place for Purchaser's/Transferee's name and address. There is also a $2 fee that you pay when you mail it to Ada County or turn in at you local licensing office. As far as I know Idaho doesn't have an online system yet. Whether you mail it in or take care of it in person it's supposed to be done within 5 days. But like one of the previous posts says I would just go to your local office and tell them what the deal is.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts