Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just started riding the SV and noticed the turn signals sometimes turn off by themselves. Other times they will stay on. I have an aftermarket integrated brakelight and turn signal set-up. What should I expect from the aftermarket signals? Should they stay on until I cancel them? Since I'm new to biking I'm not sure what to expect, also when I went looking at the install of the aftermarket part I noticed a very poor install (bandaids to hold wires in place, WTF!). I taped up those parts after I noticed the problem but it sill seems to turn off without my input (and sometimes it will stay on). What can I do to check my install and check for install errors? Thanks for your input.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
wow....Nobody has any ideas? It would be very helpful to get an idea of how the wires should be connected. This seems like a common mod, I know someone out there has advice as to where I can start troubleshooting.

·
BannedCampCounselor
9,911 Posts
aftermarket signals should work the same as stock signals.
they turn on when you hit the button and dont turn off til you hit the button.
anything else is a malfunction related to poor wiring or components.
You've already found examples of poor workmanship with the install, I suggest you dig further or remove the bad pieces and return it to stock and see what your results are.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok. I'll start there. I bought the bike with the lights installed so I can't go back to stock. Does anyone have the install instrustions for the BikeLiteZ. I seem to have that type of taillight system and maybe that could help me understand all the mess of wires back there.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just an update. I fixed all the wiring and it was still turning off after 12 flashes. I found a automatic blinker canceler near my battery, unhooked it and its back to normal. Sucks not knowing the history of your bike.

·
Premium Member
3,098 Posts
yeah i know how that feels, it looks like the PO of my bike didnt know what chain maintainence was..

ive tried to save it but i dont think im gonna be able too

1 - 6 of 6 Posts