Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the moter will not turn over..when i hit the start button i hear a loud click noise.I tried to compresion start (in 2nd) but the tire just slide. so i tried to roll the tire while in gear and it will not turn the motor.. like it locked up. Im sad please help..

·
Registered
6,503 Posts
Not enough information. Have you tried pulling the plugs and then rotating the engine by rolling the bike? (Try a higher gear to make it easier to turn the engine). Does the oil level look OK? Were you doing any extended wheelies? Has the bike sat up for a while?

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
What were you doing when it stopped running? What were the symptoms before it died on you?

·
Registered
105 Posts
A single click or if you hold it down is it continuous?

I freaked out when I did some electrical work on mine.

I had just run down the battery hahah

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Yep - probably the battery or starter. I havent tried on the SV but I had a VTwin Shadow and it was impossible to bump start - like you said, it would just lock the tire.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I havent tried on the SV but I had a VTwin Shadow and it was impossible to bump start.
Bump starting an SV is also impossible by first-hand experience.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Bump starting an SV is also impossible by first-hand experience.
Are you a 100 pound weakling? I rode around for 2 weeks without a clutch switch, I bumped it everywhere I went 1st 2nd or third. Usually 2nd though.
I do weigh 195 and run a sub 7 mile, maybe that helps.

And you can start the SV on a totally dead battery, but that takes some serious speed, and a lot of effort to fire the electronics

·
Registered
998 Posts
I bet he is going to say something about stunting it. If I remember a while back he threw a stink about it.

Guessing he seized it but we shall see.

·
Registered
69 Posts
might want to start searching for a new motor... hopefully not tho.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
yeah battery is fine and yea tried to bump start in 2nd and 3rd but dident take the pulgs out will try

1 - 20 of 29 Posts