Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Quick Background:

The St. Baldricks Foundation is an organization that raises money for research towards a cure for childrens cancer. They do this by having volunteers host events, in which more volunteers shave their heads. Last year the organization raised over $15 million. This will be the 5th year that I have been a shavee.

During my junior year of high school, two members of my lacrosse team were diagnosed with cancer (testicular and b cell lymphoma). To help support, how team hosted an event. Our first (and smallest) year, we raised about $30K from our event alone. It had been growing since, but for some reason, this year Nanuet Boys Lacrosse was no longer able to hold this event.

I had not planned at participating this year (wanted a warm head for the rest of winter ;D), but my schools Gaelic society is hosting and needed volunteers, so once again, im goin bald!

What I need:

The event is next tuesday, March 10. Since this was such short notice I have very little time to raise money. I have only set my goal for $1000, and am very hopeful to surpass that. So I need your donations.

I am not asking for much, just $5 or $10 per person, and all proceeds go directly to research for finding a cure.

This is a great foundation, and I would really appreciate any support I could get. I'm sure that every single member of this community knows or has known someone who has had cancer.

How:

If you would like to sponsor me, please go to www.stbaldricks.org

1) click on "Find a participant" on the tabs on the top of the page.
2) Search for Zachary Bach, shavee
3) click "Donate Now"

Thanks again everybody, I really appreciate. I'll post a current picture later, and next week get an after picture.

and just for the hell of it, one ride shot from the first ride of the year :D

·
Registered
3,773 Posts
I'll throw something on my card tonight Zach. Considering I shaved my head for it last year and also played for the same Lax team I probably should...

You get the text I sent you yesterday?

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
Done. Always have to help out a fellow SV'er and Lax player, especially for a good cause like this.

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks alot guys, I really appreciate it. I'm making leaps and bounds towards my goal. You guys are the best.

I hasn't shown up on the website yet because they are doing it in cash, but my pipe band has agreed to match whatever its members have put donated. :)

Dave, I got your text but my phone just kinda sh!t the bed, I'll get back to ya in alittle while.

·
Premium Member
9,691 Posts
$10 given, put it down as SVRider.Com too.

·
Premium Member
9,691 Posts
Oh yeah Zach you need to upload a photo too.

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the heads up jeff......I tossed up a rally/moonshine pick (thanks John :D) for the before picture.

·
King of D'bags
3,579 Posts
Done. Shows as SVRider.
SVR really stepped up to help my wife's charity so the least I can do is return the favor.

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks Aaron!

Come on guys, still need some help

·
Premium Member
3,311 Posts
done brother.... $20US....that's like $80CDN;)

Shown as SVRider.com

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.