Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Quick Background:

The St. Baldricks Foundation is an organization that raises money for research towards a cure for childrens cancer. They do this by having volunteers host events, in which more volunteers shave their heads. Last year the organization raised over $15 million. This will be the 5th year that I have been a shavee.

During my junior year of high school, two members of my lacrosse team were diagnosed with cancer (testicular and b cell lymphoma). To help support, how team hosted an event. Our first (and smallest) year, we raised about $30K from our event alone. It had been growing since, but for some reason, this year Nanuet Boys Lacrosse was no longer able to hold this event.

I had not planned at participating this year (wanted a warm head for the rest of winter ;D), but my schools Gaelic society is hosting and needed volunteers, so once again, im goin bald!

What I need:

The event is next tuesday, March 10. Since this was such short notice I have very little time to raise money. I have only set my goal for $1000, and am very hopeful to surpass that. So I need your donations.

I am not asking for much, just $5 or $10 per person, and all proceeds go directly to research for finding a cure.

This is a great foundation, and I would really appreciate any support I could get. I'm sure that every single member of this community knows or has known someone who has had cancer.

How:

If you would like to sponsor me, please go to www.stbaldricks.org

1) click on "Find a participant" on the tabs on the top of the page.
2) Search for Zachary Bach, shavee
3) click "Donate Now"

Thanks again everybody, I really appreciate. I'll post a current picture later, and next week get an after picture.

and just for the hell of it, one ride shot from the first ride of the year :D

·
Registered
3,773 Posts
I'll throw something on my card tonight Zach. Considering I shaved my head for it last year and also played for the same Lax team I probably should...

You get the text I sent you yesterday?

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
Done. Always have to help out a fellow SV'er and Lax player, especially for a good cause like this.

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks alot guys, I really appreciate it. I'm making leaps and bounds towards my goal. You guys are the best.

I hasn't shown up on the website yet because they are doing it in cash, but my pipe band has agreed to match whatever its members have put donated. :)

Dave, I got your text but my phone just kinda sh!t the bed, I'll get back to ya in alittle while.

·
Premium Member
9,691 Posts
$10 given, put it down as SVRider.Com too.

·
Premium Member
9,691 Posts
Oh yeah Zach you need to upload a photo too.

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the heads up jeff......I tossed up a rally/moonshine pick (thanks John :D) for the before picture.

·
King of D'bags
3,579 Posts
Done. Shows as SVRider.
SVR really stepped up to help my wife's charity so the least I can do is return the favor.

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks Aaron!

Come on guys, still need some help

·
Registered
3,773 Posts
Done. Shows as SVRider.
SVR really stepped up to help my wife's charity so the least I can do is return the favor.
Speaking of that, there was no need for your wife to take the time to send those cards, but please thank her for me.

Zach - what are you up to counting you cash + matching donations?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Done. Nice job fluke.

·
Registered
4,244 Posts
Zach - what are you up to counting you cash + matching donations?

I just checked, and the website is showing $170. C'mon people! What's $5 or $10 to help out one of our own for a GREAT cause? I mean, seriously...just break out that little piece of plastic in your wallet and do it. Takes two minutes.

·
Premium Member
3,311 Posts
done brother.... $20US....that's like $80CDN;)

Shown as SVRider.com

·
Registered
3,773 Posts
Don't forget guys, you can write it off on your taxes, just print out the receipt and save it with your other tax paperwork. :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts