Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not getting rid of the SV, but I think this is the best looking sport bike ever! I am probably going to get a 2005 or 2006. I like the red, but the silver is sick too.
Any one had one? I dont know any one who has and I would like some feedback.
[/IMG]

·
Registered
3,585 Posts
I don't know about best looking ever, but I do like CBRs. Also I am a Honda nerd back from my car days so there is another reason. I rode my buddies CBR600 once, but I still think it was messed up. The steering was way stiff, you simply had no control with the bars and everything relied on leaning, I mean everything. His rear shock was way too hard, and so the bike had lots of bump steer, but I don't know if that is a normal problem for a CBR.

Oh yeah, get red for sure.

·
Registered
151 Posts
^ Nope that must have just been his bike.

Awesome bikes. I've owned every gen. of them.

·
Registered
378 Posts
My friend has a 2006 CBR1000RR (RED). One day we swapped bikes and I rode his CBR. That thing is insane. I was scared to ride it... I hardly touched the gas and I was launched to 50mph.

·
Registered
63 Posts
One reason I would not own that bike, they are a cluster**** under that tank. if you are planning on doing your own work on the bike you may want to look elsewhere.

personally I thought the 04-06 R1's were the best looking bikes out there until they just restyled the 600-750 GSXR's. the Suzuki is much easier to work on too.

all that said the 600rr is not a bad bike if you are looking for a good riding, good looking sportbike. just make sure you pick up one in good condition...and red.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
The CBR600RR is a fine motorcycle. It does well at everything, but some complain it has no character. I personally would like a 2005 R1 or any '06+ GSX-R750.

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
The steering was way stiff, you simply had no control with the bars and everything relied on leaning, I mean everything. His rear shock was way too hard, and so the bike had lots of bump steer, but I don't know if that is a normal problem for a CBR.
The suspension needed to be dialed in properly.

·
Premium Member
3,662 Posts
Meh... I could take it or leave it... and if someone gave it to me.. I'd probably sell it for something else... I lost interest in Honda racers shortly after the Hurricane phase

It's not a bad bike but it is not really my style... I like sporty without going racer... which is why I like the semi faring SV rather than the full one.... I don't mind the naked too but got hooked on the 99 SVS... them and the VTR and the TL were what attracted me to the SV.. I did like the look of the firestorm and the TL....

I hate full plastic, but a little is not bad... full naked is ok too.. but I prefer the practicality of the wind protection on the S...

I like a bike I can use fully race style bikes are better suited to the track I think...

sure they handle the streets fine too... but you can't use it without going illegal...

If I was going honda I'd have to go with the VTR... since I went to the twin... I don't want to go back to the I4

and if I was to choose an I4 race style bike it would be the R6 or the R1 they are far sexier...

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
A couple of friends have this bike and they are nice.
I'm not a Honda guy but respect is definetley in order because they are fast!

·
Registered
4,937 Posts
Yeah, the new Yamahas are pretty **** spiffy. I do have a soft spot for the new CBR1k though...

·
Premium Member
3,662 Posts
Yeah, the new Yamahas are pretty **** spiffy. I do have a soft spot for the new CBR1k though...

The 1k CBRs used to be pretty cool.. I've not looked at them in a few years though... they looked pretty good... and then I saw the R1 in a shop... I'm not one for race bikes but I liked the look of that one... but when you look at Firestorm Vs Fireblade.. which would you go for?

·
Registered
4,937 Posts
I will reiterate the point with...

·
Registered
5,306 Posts
I was looking at cbrs before I bought the 05 R6. I think it was a better choice for the street having a more comfortable seat, more midrange and not cooking you with an underseat exhaust.
when you ride it, you only see the windshield and the gauges anyway

1 - 20 of 40 Posts