Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
woodworking is getting to **** expensive..... i think 1hr of riding costs alot less than all the wood i can screw up an an hour :p

why do YOU need riding season back (and if you dont have seasons.... *coughihateyoucough* )

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
^^What he said. Except now its 2 bikes that I'm buying parts for.

·
Registered
290 Posts
I have got a 100 miles on and the majority of them were 45 degrees and under. Not to mention all the salt and sand that is still on the road. My goal this year is to put on 8k and or put more miles on then my dad.

·
Premium Member
3,499 Posts
My riding season has been back since Feb. Well when the roads are clear of snow that is. And of course today I woke up to a couple inches of snow so it looks like the civic is going to get some work.

·
Premium Member
2,566 Posts
So i can ride to work again, and have at least one bright spot in an otherwise dull day when I head out at lunch for a spirited 20-minute ride.

(Edit: 3 bright spots - I forgot about the commute to and fro, and the mid-morning trip to the handicapped stall on the third floor).

·
Registered
3,773 Posts
So i can ride to work again, and have at least one bright spot in an otherwise dull day when I head out at lunch for a spirited 20-minute ride.

(Edit: 3 bright spots - I forgot about the commute to and fro, and the mid-morning trip to the handicapped stall on the third floor).
Today was my first day of riding to work again :hello2:

·
Registered
828 Posts
aww you all scared of a little snow. this is back when i lived in MD with my ol cbr. i didnt have a riding season then either, i rode even with snow outside!!

·
Premium Member
9,691 Posts
why do YOU need riding season back (and if you dont have seasons.... *coughihateyoucough* )
I haven't done one of these in a while but while watching the coverage of the flooding in Fargo this past weekend I was shocked that it was still snowing up there cause it was 90 down here on Saturday!!

Sure our roads may not be the curveyest or hillyest in the country but my black ass can ride on them Jan 01 to Dec 31. So there!!! :nana:

BTW I'm in Orlando, FL for the noobs on the board.

·
Premium Member
2,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
if riding weather was more than a month away, i would probably wind up with a motor transplant in the scooter, 22-24mph just isn't enough for me.

·
Registered
8,832 Posts
The AM ride to work was good. A little chilly but liveable with my gear. Nice thing about the torrential rains we've had is the roads are nice & clean now, sand & crud is all gone. :)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts