1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Most people here will steer you toward the Held gloves. Some say Icon's products are cheaply made and less likely to fair well in the unfortunate.

That being said, I have a pair of Icon Merc gloves that j'adore :)

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
I have owned these timaxII.
They are bulky, and robust.
I would prefer the Held, they look so much much lighter and manageable.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Can't comment on the Thrux, but I do own a pair of Held "Nero" that I really like. They are lightweight and seem very well constructed. They are a bit on the pricey side, but I'm happy with them.

I went with the Nero because I have a narrower hand with longer fingers and they make that glove for people with either short or long fingers.

I haven't ridden with them in the summer yet so I don't know about ventilation yet.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Try sportbiketrackgear.com, they usually have great stuff at good prices, but newenough is great too. I got my track gloves online from a store got Alpinestars GP Plus for 75.00 under any price I could find at anystore, they were dirt cheap and brand new, you just get lucky sometimes.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I'm actually a pro-Icon guy (my Timax 2 jacket is my daily driver and I love it) but I HATED those Timax gloves with the heat of a thousand suns. I'm glad Motorcycle superstore takes returns. The gauntlet is far too short, the pinky is way too long and they crushed the be-jezus out of my knuckles every time I closed my hand. Zero stars.

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
Like it was said before Held makes very good gloves.

I had to let go my last pair of Held because after crashing I don`t know how many times on/in them and used them almost on daily bases for years untill they were toast,
still have them because I could not throw them away so far.

The pair got replaced 1. with the Steve model which was an emergency buy, they felt almost like car gloves compared to my old racing ones, than i bought a pair of the Freezer model since even in socal it gets sometimes cold and now I got a set of racing gloves but I am not sure which model that is ?!?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I was steering more towards the held gloves also. Thanks for the input everyone!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts