Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So its time for new tires and I'm not sure what to get. I commute about 30 mi (freeway) almost daily but I also like to go out to the twisties , so I would like a fairly sticky tire . At first I was thinking of Bt010's but I can't find them in a 160 , do they come in a 160 ? What other tires might suit my need ? I've had good luck with Pirelli/metzeler in the past on other bike's .What do you guys recommend ?

Rich

·
Registered
745 Posts
Pilot Powers. They have pretty good life for a sticky tire and have a harder compound in the center to handle that commute. ;)

·
Registered
53 Posts
I´m happy with Z6.
They´ve a very good grip, at least in dry roads. i´ll wait for the winter to see in wet conditions...

·
Registered
419 Posts
I'll be mounting the Z6 for my next set. Currently runninng BT020 tires which have been lasting me better than 10K the past two sets.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Check out the BT014's. I picked up a set online at a fantastic price and installed them a couple of months ago. I commute every day and also love the fast tight canyon turns on the weekends and have been nothing but happy about the tires. The also have short warm up time...at least in L.A. weather!

·
Registered
13 Posts
I like the Z6's - use them on both my SV and FZ1. I usually ride in the dry, but from reports I've read, they are great in the rain.

Bill K.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Another vote for the Z6 here. Even running some really low tyre pressures, I got about 6.5K out of the rear.

Great in dry and wet conditions.

·
Registered
284 Posts
My last tires were an M1 front and a Z6 rear as well. I just got the pilot powers about 900 miles ago and will continue to buy them until something better comes out. I think the extra grip, confidence, and control I get out of them is worth the loss a few miles of life.

-josh

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'd like to here more about the bt014's, I really liked th 010's .

1 - 14 of 14 Posts