Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone that has a rivet master link on their chain (installed) could you take an up close picture of it? Graci.

·
Premium Member
4,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dang it Don, it needs to be (installed), on the chain ya kno. But it's a start.

Maritan, good article those pics are close enough for my viewing pleasure. Graci. This thread is now done.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Here is a GB520GXW chain with one pin riveted, and getting ready for the other.

Click for a big 'un

·
Premium Member
4,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ShaggyZ said:
I said "it's done" already. Quit replying
NO I said its done, so quit replying gosh dang it.

Good pic TLRdoug, that one will actually be very handy for what I need. I have a rivet link and I'm fairly handy, so I'm going to take a whack at doing it myself without the 75$ish tool.

·
Registered
3,399 Posts
hi :-*

·
Registered
87 Posts
There actually is a specification for the rivet spread. Good idea to measure it. Also Rivet links need to be pressed together, just make sure it is the same with as the other links and you will be fine.

Mine is just in at 0.2185, I take them to 0.225 or so normally and have had no trouble.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Does anyone have any more info?
I think evilbologna needs some more.
:p

·
Premium Member
4,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Actually I'm good to go I believe.

·
Premium Member
1,209 Posts
its kinda like when you were a kid and your patents told you "not to do something" and you weren't even thinking about it until they said it.... ;D post post post :D

I wasn't sure if my rivets wete mushroomed enough either when I did mine... need to get one of those guages ;)

·
Registered
87 Posts
You guys sure complain a lot. Is it that irritating to just click out and go to another post? :eek:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts