Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
17,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, the bank wants us to close THIS month instead of next month. Yes, today is the 20th. Apparently, if we wait until the original date (May 27), the bank will begin foreclosure proceedings on the home, which will cause our contract to become null and void. We're jumping through hoops to make sure we get everything done this month.ee

If that's the case, then I'll probably be moving the first or second weekend of May. Think any of you guys can lend a hand for a few hours on a weekend? The new house is just under a mile from where I live now, so traveling won't be too bad.

I'll be renting a moving truck and large trailer for hauling everything.

·
Registered
17,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The interior is in pretty decent shape. Just a bunch of minor things that'll keep me busy for the first few months.

For the rooms I'll rent out, I'll let the tenant decide if they want me to repaint the room white, or if they want to paint it another color (on their own dime).

Honestly, though, the house really is ready to move in (except for furniture that's in it).

·
Premium Member
3,311 Posts
Honestly, though, the house really is ready to move in (except for furniture that's in it).
So, I guess you will be busy placing ads on CL for used furniture?;D

Good luck with the move.

I think your ad should mention that you will supply the beer and pizza for your volunteer movers, that might get them to come out of hiding :)

·
Registered
17,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So, I guess you will be busy placing ads on CL for used furniture?;D
I've been scouring CL already. I missed basically a full house' worth of furniture by a few minutes last week. TV, bookshelves, bed, dining table, etc.

Good luck with the move.
Thanks!

I think your ad should mention that you will supply the beer and pizza for your volunteer movers, that might get them to come out of hiding :)
If they don't know that already, they haven't hung around enough!

·
Registered
490 Posts
Closing date will be May 10. Think I can get some help on the weekend of the 16th?

Four or five warm bodies will make quick work of it. The new house is less than a mile from where I live now.
Hmm, do these bodies need to be alive? Cuz I can grab a couple bodies and put em in my trunk...

Might be cold when I get there... Microwaving bodies works right?

Oh. Yes...I can be there. ;D

·
Registered
175 Posts
What time you thinking of doing this? I could hit my part time gig in the morning and then ride or drive out there. Where is "there"? Lol.

·
Registered
17,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks for the offer. Here are the concrete details...

Unless the bank AGAIN changes its mind, we will close on May 8, next Friday. That means I'll move in on the next weekend, May 16.

Moving from

15703 Perkins Ln
Bowie, MD 20716

Moving to

1403 Peachwood Ln
Bowie, MD 20716

The distance I'm moving is less than a mile.

I'm guessing to start loading the truck and trailer around noon or early afternoon for anybody that can help out.

·
Registered
4,225 Posts
The bank use to be indecisive but now their not so sure by the sounds.

House selling/buying/moving is stressful enough without all this. Feel for ya man.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts