Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a K8 GSXR 600, because of how much I owe and the fact that i'm in school, I am going to have to sell my bike. My dad owns a 07 SVN that he never rides (bought it off of me when i got my gsxr), he said he'll let me have the Sv back. I have mixed emotions about it because I love my GSXR, and don't want to sell it but because of how hosed I got when i bought it I really have no choice. So its just a matter of time before I become a re-SVer, which i'm also kinda looking forward too b/c now I'll get to mod it.

Its weird, i've never been so attached to a thing before. I've liked cars and bikes, but this feels the same as me having to put down a family pet, just thinking about selling her makes me sad. :(

·
Registered
181 Posts
Adults sometimes have to make hard choices. You have to think of more than yourself on this one. Your father has been more than gracious.

·
Premium Member
6,627 Posts
Adults sometimes have to make hard choices. You have to think of more than yourself on this one. Your father has been more than gracious.
crappy response considering what your username is, think about it and come back with a more "angry" response ;)

·
Registered
533 Posts
That gsxr looks really nice, but why did you buy it if you can't afford it? You're gonna have to live with making a mistake and just sell it. :(

·
Premium Member
1,021 Posts
Wait a second, if I am reading your message right your Dad did you a favor and bought your SV so you could buy the GSXR (nice Pop you got), you got yourself in over head (payments on the new GSXR and school). Your Dad hasn't ridden the SV, so essentially it has been sitting since you got he GSXR (like you never even sold it) and now your Dad is willing to GIVE you the SV back (as in for free) if you sell the GSXR?

If selling the GSXR means you can pay for school and get your old SV back for nothing then this is a no brainer. Time to open your eyes and realize how lucky you are in these tough economic times to simply be able to sell your shiny new toy and be able to solve your financial problems AND still be able to have your old bike back and keep riding!!

I mean when it boils down to it it seems to me like you are getting paid to take your old SV back. Even if you Dad retains ownership of the SV and lets you ride it whenever you want until you get out of school and can get another bike it is still a sweet deal. It sucks to sell your things shortly after getting them, but there i will always be a new GSXR ready for you to buy it when you can afford it.

·
Registered
91 Posts
hell, u cant go wrong with that deal. yeah it sucks u have to get rid of a new toy but your dad is giving u back your old one. and if your dad is like mine, it hasnt been used and if it has it hasnt been ridden hard, do it u can always get a new gxsr. but an sv is like the first girl u slept with u will alway have feelings for her. and sometimes go back:p

·
Premium Member
3,499 Posts
I love my GSXR, and don't want to sell it but because of how hosed I got when i bought it I really have no choice. S
I love when people say this. Nobody forced you to buy the bike. You didn't get hosed, you made a bad decision.

Sorry to hear of your difficulty, good luck with whatever you decide.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts