Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I bought this uggly bike with the idea to make it look and handle better and give it to my wife in her birthday

So I pulled it down to and painted the chassis and engine

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Cagiva Raptor forks

As I'm building a Raptor 1000 as the same time as this SV I have used the Raptor form with it's brembo calipers on the little Suzi.

The triple three used is from a gsxr

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
€€€$$$$

First of all I have to explain that I belong to a group of friends that lives at different places in Spain.
The member's in this little group at professional mechanics (3 of the work in motogp), engineers or peoples who work with race cars or bike.
My background has to do with Porsche and composite.
The goal in the group is to make funny bikes to have but with as low budget as possible!
Build a nice bike spending a lot of amounts money is very easy!
It's much more of a trill and tricky to make it with as little as possible.
And this little Suzi won't be different my goal is to spend less than 1500€ on it

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Next thing was to start making nice exhaust system 2 to 2.
I bought a used Laser system made for the Yamaha Fz 600, the one with four mufflers.
I bought it for 125€, Then just used two of them then I sold the udder two for 100€;)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
When I tried the bike after purchasing it it felt as it has way far away to long gearing for the montain roads around where we live.
That's why I have changing it putting on two more dent at the rear and one less at the front
I also swapped the front brake cylinder for a used radial unit as the oem unit feel very sponge and gives poor braking power.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
[

I'm back after two weeks in Norway so now I can go on with this little bike.
I just picked up the seats.
And now the new instruments works as well

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I purchased some cheep instruments from China (43$ with transport).
I think that they look great and the sems to work as well;)
As this was a bike with faring now the most of the cables are long so one thing I have to do is to cut them wich is quite boring and takes lot of time.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts