Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I left school today and took my cowl off to retrieve my helmet and gloves. I stopped at the bank and when I returned I noticed my cowl was gone. I retraced my steps twice, but it was highway so it may have taken an 80mph tumble. I recently bought a back seat but it's just not the same. I'm just heartbroken.

I really don't understand what happened other then maybe I didn't lock it right, but it's bright red so I think I would of seen it on the street somewhere. I'm just puzzled.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
I left school today and took my cowl off to retrieve my helmet and gloves. I stopped at the bank and when I returned I noticed my cowl was gone. I retraced my steps twice, but it was highway so it may have taken an 80mph tumble. I recently bought a back seat but it's just not the same. I'm just heartbroken.

I really don't understand what happened other then maybe I didn't lock it right, but it's bright red so I think I would of seen it on the street somewhere. I'm just puzzled.
This isn't the first story about losing a cowl that I've seen on the forum. There have been others that have done the same thing. I guess just not making sure that it was securely latched before riding off.

Time for a new one. Even if you were to find that old one, I'm sure there wouldn't be much left of it after it blew off at that speed plus possibly being run over too. Oh well, Live and learn.

·
Premium Member
2,843 Posts
I now have a habit of reaching back a few times while riding, because one day I had the seat almost fall off. a passerby pointed it out just in time. sucks you had to learn the hard way that you need to double check before your ride.

·
Registered
3,509 Posts
I now have a habit of reaching back a few times while riding, because one day I had the seat almost fall off. a passerby pointed it out just in time. sucks you had to learn the hard way that you need to double check before your ride.
Me too.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Sucks when such a small piece cost so much money.
Wish I could find one in candy napoleon blue.

·
Registered
413 Posts

I have a blue OEM cowl, shoot me an offer via pm if interested.

·
Registered
688 Posts
This + canceling my turn signals after every time I turn and more... Not sure why but I hate seeing people ride for miles w/ the damn things on.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Same thing happened to me, took off from a cycle shop and had one of the guys with me point to the rear of my bike. Of course no cowl. I turned around and luckily found it but it got scratched all to hell. So the ugly passenger seat went back on. I guess it's either try to find another man teal one, get mine repainted, or get it dipped which I am kind of leaning towards. I am always reaching back now and pulling up on my seat to make sure it's locked.

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
Ugh... that does suck. Sorry man.

I keep my saddle bags on pretty much all the time which really detracts from the looks imo, but they are so handy and at least I know my (Napoleon blue :p ) cowl isn't going anywhere in the case where I'd take the bags off to sell the bike or whatever.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Good habit to get into.

Everytime I start riding I reach back and make sure she's secure. thats too bad sir! Condolences. ???

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Now I'm going to always wonder if my back seat is there. I didn't think it would be such a common occurrence.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts