Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i was at the suzuki shop today picking up a power that they mounted backwards ::) those damned arrows are tricky i guess. Anyways will i was waiting i sat on a most beautiful DRZ 400. Im talking about a blacked out motarding machine. This is an SV related post, because im wondering if I would be satisfiyed if I were to trade in on that. No one in my area or on the roads i ride has one and id like to be differnt again. Not to mention be able to carve up some corners. Who all has spent time on one of these and what are your thoughts? A final mention i will probablly never hit a track or spend more than 10 mins at a time watching clips of races on tv. I am a purely street rider.

·
Premium Member
4,625 Posts
Pure street the drz is actually formiddable. To me, it comes off a little weak, it could really use the boost to a 450, but to each his own on that. You wont be hitting breakneck speeds on the highway either, btu that can be good. It looks like a great machine and I wouldnt mind having one, alot of support for it, supposably it can be uncorked with a few mods. Its your call in the end, but if it means anything, I approve.

·
Registered
130 Posts
PM DougZ. I don't think he's on here much, you might want to try TLPlanet.com if you are really interested in getting ahold of him. He traded his TLR in on a DRZ and has put a new carb on the DRZ already. I'm sure he's done a lot of other mods by now as well. He got an SV650 first gen for his daughter, and I think he rides that a good bit as well. He'd be the man to talk to for a comparison.

·
Registered
720 Posts
I am pretty close to trading my SV in on a DRZ, just have to wait until my local dealership reopens, they have been closed since september when the place caught fire

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
amcquinn86 said:
PM DougZ. I don't think he's on here much, you might want to try TLPlanet.com if you are really interested in getting ahold of him. He traded his TLR in on a DRZ and has put a new carb on the DRZ already. I'm sure he's done a lot of other mods by now as well. He got an SV650 first gen for his daughter, and I think he rides that a good bit as well. He'd be the man to talk to for a comparison.
I think you are mistaking DougZ for someone else. I know him and he has neither a DRZ nor a daughter.

·
Registered
7,347 Posts
There's a 450 out now, I think, or on its way. They are sh*t for motorway/highway riding, absolutely rubbish... reminded me of my 11bhp, 125cc cruiser when I decided to overtake a truck. For urban use, pretty damn nice. I'd probably prefer a bigger, lazier motor- I preferred the Duke II for street riding. I took it up my favourite local road (a one-way, single lane tarmac that laps a big hill.small mountain, very cool) and I'd honestly have preferred a small sportsbike in every way. Never really done offroad, it's dirty once you get off the tarmac you know ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts