Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Simple question really. Since we can fit gixxer shocks on our bikes would it make sense that if I found it extremely cheap to put a Gsxr1k penske shock on it or would that be wasted money that could be spent on a rebuilt gixxer shock?

·
Registered
3,399 Posts
if you find one super cheap, you could buy it and have it revalved and sprung for the sv... i think that typically costs about $200

G

·
SpeedisaVirus said:
Simple question really. Since we can fit gixxer shocks on our bikes would it make sense that if I found it extremely cheap to put a Gsxr1k penske shock on it or would that be wasted money that could be spent on a rebuilt gixxer shock?
extremely cheap yes.you still want have enough ride hight for track and spring may not be right(depending what is on,some like to use stiff spring on gsxr1k,some like soft)

·
Registered
4,937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the advice guys.

·
Registered
153 Posts
You must be looking at the shock thats on ebay right now :)

oops let the cat out the bag :-X

·
Registered
3,399 Posts
there are always cheap shocks for other bikes on ebay... hardly ever any for the sv :-\

·
Registered
4,937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah I was. It has alot of time left so I know it will go up but I was thinking hypethetical.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
bought a fox on e-bay that was for a gsxr600 and it cost me about $365.00 to have it set up for my 03. but it works great now. it didn't work at all when I 1st put it on.(before the rebuild)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts