Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today is a WOWOWOWOW day for me. I've been lurking & learning on here for about a month and I'm happy to be here! This seems like the best SV site on the web! So a friend of mine took me for a ride back in November, on a ZX-10. I have wanted to get a motorcycle since I was a teenager (oh 'bout 20 years ago) but after that ride I was like, "You are SO right. I need to get a sportbike." I was looking around and he gave me some recommendations and one of them was the SV. I fell in love with the shape of both the 1st and 2nd gens, and well, everything else that makes it a great bike! I shop shop shoppped and finally came upon one that I picked up today. It's a 2002, got only 6000 miles, a little scratched up but nothing serious, and it's all stock. I'm just thrilled and can't wait to get my license! (after taking the MSF course of course.) I'm somewhat cautious by nature so I appreciate the attitude towards safety that I see on here... I want to live a long time in a happy body and be able to ride a long time! Well thanks for hearing me out and I look forward to getting to know yas!

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Congrats! You'll love that bike. You did right by getting a used one too. Sooner or later almost everyone falls down and scuffs their bike anyway.

You'll probably find several SV riders around KC too.

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
You should join us. It's great fun hanging out and riding. The roads are awesome but can be tricky so make sure if you do some down to ride that you ride your own ride and not try to hang with the locals.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Welcome...............Silver was my 2nd. choice in 2001 ,
may you have as much good luck w/your 1st. gen as i have.!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts