Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody,
I just wanted to share some pics of the lights I installed. Its LEDs not neon but same thing.  Anyways, I did some searches on this board and I know how most of you feel about lights on a bike. But I like it and I wanted to do it. I'm 27, not some kid either. If you think lights are stupid, please close this thread.

Ok, so on with it! I got a light kit that has 6 tubes.  It comes with a wireless remote control. You can select any of the 15 available colors, or a mode that cycles through them all.

I put 4 lights in the engine compartment, and 1 above the back shock.  I had 1 left over, and want to light up the rear tire with it, but I didnt have time.  So the last one is in the trunk unseen for now.  I also wired a main toggle switch in the trunk. The remote turns it on and off, but I wanted a kill switch just to make sure they cant come on accidentally.  I wired the lights directly to the battery so I can turn the lights on without the key in.

The lights were a big hit with the group I ride with.  And I know 4 cops seen them and didnt pull me over, so maybe they arent illegal. 

Anyways, below are some links to some pics and some install pics.  Note that the pics of the lights are not very good pics. I took them in pitch black dark, and the brightness just didnt come through at all.  But believe that in real life it looks very cool.  I'll try to get better pics next week. I think the pics should be taken while its still a little bit light out.

http://mcpro.com/sv650/neon.htm

http://mcpro.com/sv650/neoninstall.htm

Later

·
Registered
158 Posts
Re: I nstalled neon lights on my bike

Nice I have red one's on mine.

Alot of people are on this board are not to fond of Neons, but I like them.

It is hard to find the right time of day to take pics, and get a really clear pic.

·
Registered
3,399 Posts

so has it got you laid yet?

... I mean.. cuz... that IS the point right?

·
Registered
687 Posts

everyone is diffrent and it's your bike . i would like to see some better pic's it's kind of hard to see , but it looks good not too much which i feel is important :)

·
Registered
177 Posts

I've always thought lights inside the engine area looked cool. Looks like yours came out pretty well!

·
Registered
653 Posts

looks good man, do what you want to your bike. If lights attract peoples attention at night and make you more visable, then it may save your ass someday.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts

cool looking lights man, looks good...

you cant ride with those on can you? isnt that illegal since they're blue? you can park with them on..

maybeh im wrong, either way nice work :)

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

novakane said:
cool looking lights man, looks good...

you cant ride with those on can you? isnt that illegal since they're blue? you can park with them on..

maybeh im wrong, either way nice work :)
You'd think so, but I rode past 2 cops and made eye contact even, and neither pulled up on me. And I see harleys all the time with their lights on. Maybe its legal, who knows. I'm sure I'll find out sooner or later.

·
Registered
158 Posts
If you ever get pulled over, just play them a guilt trip. Say," well officer I just wanted to be seen better at night, and I thought that would be an appropriate action. With it being so dangerous on a motorcycle and all". ;)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Technically, yes, blue lights are illegal to use on an exterior of a vehicle. Yours is pretty subdued so either they weren't paying attention, or they didn't care. I don't think you'd get too much trouble since they are low key, though.

Just don't do anything stupid on the bike, cause if an officer pulls you over for speeding or something, he'll start looking for other things to hit you with, and I bet it will get you then. I doubt you'd get pulled over for just those lights, but it could happen. Be careful!

·
Registered
703 Posts
Looks pretty good. Nice and subdued yet still enough to accent the engine and the rear shock. I've thought about doing something like this on mine and I like that yours has a remote so you can turn them off when you don't want to use them. Do you have a link for where you got them from? Cost too? (if no link)

·
Registered
228 Posts
Didn't see the pics (got dial-up at the house) but ran Neons on my bandit for a while. Blue ones too. I was riding in Alabama (I'm from Texas) and they do a lot of checkpoints there. I was riding and came across one of those check-points and they were about to let me leave when they stoped me and said that blue lights anywhere on a vehilce are illegal. Got a fix it ticket took them off and went back in and the ticket was revoked. In TX. you can run blue lights only if you can't see the source of the light. The glow is fine as far as I was able to find out. I want to run some on my wifes bike and I'm thinking about putting some back on the Bandit but will run something other than blue or green (the soppousedly Illegal colors).

·
Registered
171 Posts
I have red ones all over my SV. In Ontario, it's fine to ride with them on as long as they're not forward facing and you cannot see the source of the light (only the glow).

Here's an old pic of mine (now I have lights shining on the front fender and up the windscreen and the ground beside is lit up better):

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Premium Member
9,691 Posts
Nice lights Dude,

Could you tell me where you sourced them from please. ( SCOTTISH SV OWNER )

Keep on keeping on..............
Bob I'm going to try to put this as nicely as I can but you have dug up and have responded to the thread that was created and ended in the year or 2005. That was just a short 4 years ago, and most the people who've posted in that thread are now dead or long since forgotten. Hell the thread starter Jason's last activity on SVR was back on 08-04-2007 @ 2:50am.

I'm not sure what or why you were searching for that topic but since our search engine on the board sucks pretty well in the future please note the dates of the first post and the last post in the thread before you add your post to it.

Have a nice day. :)

·
Registered
100 Posts
Woah! Like a un-dead thread from beyond the digital grave!
I didn't notice the dates till I looked at the end.

·
Registered
277 Posts
nice harley.

jk looks cool

1 - 20 of 32 Posts