Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
I second that, I was stationed in Japan about 4 years ago, looks like things never change. Ha Ha oh well.

·
Registered
896 Posts
wow, and i thought reg scooters where a little prissy, I wonder how 250cc pushes one of thoses things. already there kinda most are very slow of the line? arent most scooters one gear?

·
Registered
5,007 Posts
They forgot the apehangers. Other than that, they're perfect. :p

Are those actually ridden? Or are they for hanging out in parking lots?

But what do I know. I ride a girl's bike. And I waste time here. :confused5:

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Is that Muddturtle...3rd pic, far right?? LOL ;D

·
Registered
23 Posts
That's awful. I own a '78 GS400 and they do ridiculous things with those too...ape hangers and banana seats like a 70's schwinn.

·
Registered
789 Posts
the question is... are they fast?

·
Registered
237 Posts
Wow.. super low.. It looks like you have to replace the bottom after a few rides. what do you do when you come across a speed bump? Carry it over. Power to 'em.

·
Registered
3,585 Posts
Many scooters are single gear but not all. A number of the bigger ones have a CVT type device that works like a centrifual clutch (or is one sometimes). The bike never "shifts" but it is constantly changing it's gear ratio so that it works like gears, just no shifting. Similar to how the new Prius works. It's actually a really good idea and is very efficient, but I LOVE shifting gears. Either in a car or on a bike, I like a manual trans.

·
Premium Member
10,443 Posts
not my thing thats fer sure

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
I sure hope they did SOMETHING to those engine's to justify the 2.5" exhaust pipe and the 10" mufflers!!!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts