Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok well i dont really have a pic of this thing but it is mounted to the bracket that holds my gas tank to the frame.... the tanks pivot point... and it is interfearing with my busa shock that i just installed. any ideas with out pictures..... it has one wire with a relay. didnt know if the first gens have a knock over sensor or anything like that thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
2,740 Posts
1st gens don't have a knock over sensor. It would be great if you posted a pic. I am going to go ahead and say it's not stock.

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Does the wire attach to the tank in any way?

·
Registered
539 Posts
Cut the red wire, always go with red!

·
Registered
539 Posts

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
It's actually a bracket that holds the battery in place, if I am thinking correctly about what you are talking about. It is welded to the rear fuel tank bracket, and it has a foam pad on it, correct?

I cut mine off.

There were no relays or anything attached to it, though. Maybe that is some sort of add-on, but if there is only one wire going to it, then I can't imagine what it could be.

Sorry to post a serious answer, should I have just continued the sarcasm??:)

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
The sarcasm was only scheduled to continue until a picture was posted.
My bad, sorry to disrupt the flow... ;D

·
Registered
539 Posts
So where were we?

Does it have a familiar odor at all?

·
Registered
7,347 Posts
Does it have a moustache?

Wait, I'm having a recollection. Meta immobilisers, and probably alarms, have an independant earth and the SV fitting guide recommends to fit it to one of the main bolts that attaches the bracket to the subframe, could it be that?

Failing that, is it Shergar?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts