Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, as the title says, I really HATE little *******s that think they don't have to work for a living and can just steal other people's stuff. I recently acquired a 98 F3 rear rim with an almost brand new Pilot Power mounted on it. Granted the tire was a 170, but I wasn't complaining because it was a Pilot Power and wasn't the stock tire. Anyway I have it shipped to me and literally I get yesterday about noon. I open it up everything looks great except there is a giant rope plug in the tire. So I figure I should be entitled so some form of refund or send me a new tire. So i email the guy and he is okay with helping me out and giving a partial refund to help me buy a tire.

Last night I went to go play some b-ball at church and I got home around 0030ish rim/tire still there and sprocket carrier still where I left them. So since I work nights and had to stay up I did. I got out and walked my dog at about 0320 or somewhere close to that. I head to bed about 0400. When my girlfriend gets home at about 0800 ish she noticed the tire gone, but assumes that I put it in the storage unit in the carport. Now keep in mind that the rim was blocked in by some stairs and my SV. So I do all the police crap and know they won't do anything, cause they never do. So I'm basically out all the money I paid for it ($150...I know I got a good deal).

Then I get an email from the guy I bought it from and he wants pictures of the tire plug. Yesterday I was cool with that because their was a big arse plug sticking out of it. So I emailed the guy back stating what happened, and am waiting to here back from him.

Needless to say, I got double screwed from this crap. The guy that sold it gets off Scott-free and I'm out my money with only a sprocket carrier to show for it.

Now here is why I posted. There is a guy that I have seen next door that has an SV650 as well. His is a 2nd Gen that is Silver. Every time I've seen his bike it has the headlights taped up (track use probably). I do know he has a distinct symbol on the front of his bike. It is the mathematical symbol "pie" that is on the front of his bike next to the headlights. I think that I have seen this guy on here before. I am not accusing anyone now cause when it first happens everyone is a suspect. I doubt he took it cause he would need the sprocket carrier to, but that doesn't rule him out. Or it could be some punk kid that thought he could get something out of it. Either way, it was raining really bad last night and still is now, and I don't know to many thieves that like to work while its raining.

Sorry for such a long post, I am pretty mad right now.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Sorry to hear about your loss! It's most likely someone in the neighborhood, so I'd check out to see if anyone looks suspicious.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Could it be possible that he thought it was garbage and you were throwing it out. Walk over there and ask him if he seen it.
Well it was at the base of the stairs and at the end of the carport. My carport has three sides enclosed and one open, the rim/tire was at the right enclosed end at the front (enclosed front).
I called all the bike shops asking if anyone tried to sell a rim/tire. Everyone said no but that doesn't mean they could show up tomorrow and so forth.

·
Registered
6,503 Posts
I agree that thieves are scum, and that no one has a right to take anything from any place without specific permission. Having said that, this is the real world, and I can't imagine leaving anything out in the open where someone could just walk off with it. Lesson learned, I hope.

Where I live now many people leave their doors unlocked, and a couple of people leave their keys in their vehicles parked in their driveways. A couple of months ago one of the neighbors lost a small pickup, trailer, riding lawnmower, and some other garden tools. Woke up in the morning and it was all gone. The thieves hooked up the trailer and loaded all the stuff and then drove off. The properties are big enough that no one heard or saw anything. Still, most of the neighbors have seen no need to change their habits. Go figger.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Man that sucks.. sorry to hear about your loss. Hopefully you will at least get a little something back from the seller.

What part of Alabama are you in?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Sucks that someone stole it, but I'm confused as to why you didn't take this easily stolen item inside. There is no way I would've left it outside.

·
Registered
4,937 Posts
If you leave something outside and unsecured you have to expect it to get stolen. Sucks.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Sucks, but you are at fault for leaving it outside! You should check Craigs or watch online like ebay for your stolen product. I dont think its ganna turn up at a shop, unless the dude doesn't know how to put it on himself.

Always keep an eye on your stuff.

Example; I was working on one of my bike outside an went inside for 5 minutes to use the Latrine. Came back out, and my tools were gone!

Stuff happens but you know its only ganna happen to them eventually. they are ganna buy something they really like and some thief is just ganna take something of value from them. Yet the world keeps on turning

·
Registered
190 Posts
honestly, I think anyone who gets busted stealing stuff for monetary gain should be killed on the spot... judge dread style. stealing food to feed your family is different than stealing stuff to sell for oxycodine or meth.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Is it me or does it seem kind of strange that the guy asked for a picture of the plug after the tire had gone missing?
I'm not sure if you stated that he did in fact ask for a photo after it was gone or not but the seller did not live close to you did he?

·
Registered
4,036 Posts
well dude if you leave your **** outside its gonna get jacked. Why doesn't your car port have a door?

·
Registered
3,828 Posts
If it makes you feel any better. My sister got her husband and kids an Xbox 360 with alot of cool games, about 2 months later after doing some shopping she came home to it missing along with some DVD's and a fender electic guitar. Some neighborhood kids who live in her apartment complex walked in her house and went on a shopping spree. She did leave the door unlocked and could never findout who took it. I wish I could catch them trying to steal my stuff. I would probably pull out my AR-15, tell them if I was in a bad mood I would shoot them, and wait for the police to show up.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well, i kinda feel bad for posting this now. Considering how everyone is bashing me for leaving it. But yes I understand that it is my fault cause I left it in the back of the car port. Sorry don't have a door on the front. You buy it and I'll put it up. I know **** gets get stolen if left out, but if u look up had bad it was raining around my part. Then you wouldn't think anyone would be stupid enough to steal in the rain.

I know it's my fault, and yes I have learned my lesson.

Also about the taking pictures part, I only had the rim/tire for about 16 hours before it was gone. So I wasn't thinking about okay I got it, must take picture now.

I'm human, get off my case.

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
Dude, the thief is the the thief.
There are those with dirty habits (stealing).
And those of us who try to keep it honest.

Its not your fault... Fuc|<en ba$tards who stole your stuff..
I leave my things out all the time as well. I don't think anyone would steal my things.. But there are many sticky hands out there...

1 - 20 of 54 Posts