Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

I Hate Snow!!

9K views 84 replies 43 participants last post by  oPURT 
#1 ·
Anyone else sick of this crappy, snowy, super cold Canadian winter. I was riding by this time last year and now it looks like at least a month before the roads will be bike worthy. I was in L.A. two weeks ago and had bike envy the whole time!! I did pick up some great stuff for the SV, but alas I wait.

#10 ·
The only reason that I am not currently hating the snow is because I am waiting for parts to get to my house. Currently I have nowhere to mount a license plate... however, if it is warm this week I am gonna drill a hole through what's left of my fender (tried the DIY fender elim. and don't like it) and hang the license plate bracket with a coat hanger...

#14 ·
< Canada East

I feel your pain... but I think over here its worst, there is a new law ( I think its only in Quebec and Ontario that there is this law) its Illegal to ride unless you have snow tire, but there is no tire that are considered ''snow tires'' so its illegal to ride from october 15th to march 15th. I've seen a few nice days recently, but I cant take her out :(

#16 ·
Anyone want to go for a quick burn near UBC this Saturday? I'm in Van for Fri night and Satuday til 3 in the aft. I'll try to take a demo out from British Italian Motorcycles and go for a quick "test drive" It would be nice to get out and ride!! At least two more weeks to a month before I can ride here!!

#17 ·
Yeah the snow this year has been really shiddy.... normally in Calgary we get some crappy weather, but then the chinooks come and melt all the crap and then it gets cold again... but it doesn't snow all that much.... so I can ride.. who cares if it is cold... as long as the roads arent full of ice and snow...

This year I managed to get a few days in here and there each month... but it is really sucking, every time it looks like it is going to get nice again, all of a sudden a -20c blast comes in with a tonn of snow

the last couple winters have really been a kick in the choad

ah well as soon as I win the lottery I am moving to some tropical paradise

#19 ·
yuck.. I'd die before I lived up there... 100k a year still wouldn't be enough for me to live in that hell...

then again this week it's been -24 to -28 here in calgary... but... supposedly another chinook is comming... starting thursday or friday it is supposed to be getting up into the +5 range... and possibly double digits later next week ;D

'bout d a m n time though...

#22 ·
it was -30 at points over the last week... now...a chinook is here... warmed up to +6 today... and it looks like it will be between 4-10 over the next week... WOOOOHOOOOO!!! a couple more days like today and the slime will be off the road... it'll still be wet but my leg gaitors do the trick without having to wear full rain gear....

but untill the cars have been over the finally melted roads over the next few days the gravel will be horrible.... it is pretty twisted right now even in my car...

I might wait a little longer than last time though... last time I rode in the melt slime and I coated my bike with salty muddy crap.... this time it looks like we have a longer stretch of decent weather so I won't have to force it.

#26 ·
The snow was gone... I rode to work the whole last part of last week... the roads had just dried up too...

god I hate this climate.... I am really thinking I should move to Roatan now... but it is a small island about as long as calgary is from the far north to the south, but 3 copies of Roatan island would fit side by side in the city limits of Calgary... not the best for good riding...

The Dominican would be good, but it is too close to Hati and the place is full of wanker tourists and all inclusive resorts... and property is expensive

Blaaaaaaaaahhhh

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.