1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
397 Posts
Nice stuff on there... Tight squeeze on that wide rubber, for sure.

·
Registered
326 Posts
You have wayyyy more room with the chain then I do.:(

Looking good man, now get that front wheel black.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ppppppsss**t...copycat my ass!!  You copied me on the front end!  ;)  I'm doing the front end tomorrow.  I'm trowing those crap 6-piston calipers in the trash and going back to the 750 calipers.  The Gix1000 calipers warped my rotors (they are known for this I found out). Also installing new front rotors and black wheel.  Should look pimp when I'm all done.  I have good clearance and I'm happy that I kept the 525 setup to save money.  The wave rotor looks SWEET :)   I'm VERY happy, but I have to get it out on the road to see what I really think.......we'll see, I'm big on performance, so I'm not sure if I'll like the 180 or not.   It feels slow in the ass and fast as hell in the front which equals a sensitive front end feel....not sure what's up with that...

J

·
0 Posts
RedAggie03 - you're definitly an inspiration for me.
I love all the write ups you have on your website. I just installed Wasten Design flush mounts, I installed an SV1000 shock last night, doing the TRE mod today and re-wiring my rear turn signals into my brake lights.

Rear tire/rim looks awesome! You definitly have one of the sweetest SV's I've ever seen. And clean! Holy cow.
Keep it up.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Looking pretty good!!! Couldn't the slow rear be caused by the rear tire you're running? I can imagine that the Pilot Road tire is alot flatter/ less egg shaped than for example a Pirelli Diablo (Corsa) or Michelin Pilot Power tire. Just an idea!

·
Registered
276 Posts
Sadly, I purchased what I *thought* was an F3 wheel..... sadly, it appears to be an F2 wheel. >_<

Time to put it back up on ebay. Meh.

Of course, I'm probably not going to go with F3 wheels anyway, since I managed to get a good deal on some GSXR parts. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yes, the Pilot Road that I got cheap has about 3,000 miles of straight up riding on it. The center has been flattened out a little, but it still has a lot of tread. I wanted a sport touring tire, but I wanted to try one out before I dropped money on a new one. I like the profile of the rear and the fact that it's a little slower. Before the tire was so egg shapped that the bike fell too fast with the lower front end. I feel a little more confident now and I like the way it rides. It's not a HUGE difference, but it's a good change.

J

·
0 Posts
Ive seen some race wheels that would match. But other then spending $$$$ i dont think to much will work

·
Registered
135 Posts
How to fit a F3 front wheel to the SV to match the rear??? Put F3 cartridge forks on the front of the SV. Good to go. I know, easier said then done. :D

·
Registered
326 Posts
svfool said:
good job man. I like the wheel. i just wish the f3 front would mount up. :'(

You know I get out a fair amount and I have not had one single person come up to me and say hey, your wheels don't match. Suprisingly I don't even notice much anymore.

That being said I love the look of the F3 wheel over the yawner three spokes.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts