Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.nypost.com/seven/03092009/news/regionalnews/biker_killed_by_drunk_158704.htm

BIKER KILLED BY 'DRUNK'

By BETH STEBNER

Last updated: 2:13 am
March 9, 2009
Posted: 1:57 am
March I9, 2009
A 21-year-old Brooklyn construction worker was killed "doing something he loved" early yesterday when a drunken driver in an SUV mowed down his motorcycle, police said.
"He loved his bike," said Brian Sitarevich's brother, Dennis. "It makes it easier that he went out doing something he loved."
Sitarevich was riding his Honda motorbike on Humboldt Street at 1:30 a.m. when Daniel Levins, 33, of Long Island, turned his Ford Explorer off Greenpoint Avenue and smashed right into him, cops said.
EMTs rushed Sitarevich to Bellevue Hospital, but it was too late. Levins was arrested at the scene and charged with DWI.
Neighbor Jamie Rivera recalled Sitarevich as "a big outdoorsman [who] was adventurous, risky, fun loving."

·
Registered
3,828 Posts
Really sucks when a fellow rider goes down for the last time. :(

RIP.

I would rather hit the canyons or track and take my chances, rather than riding through the city dodging people like that (but some people don't really have the option of avoiding the dangers of the general public).

·
Registered
756 Posts
I generally avoid getting on the bike Friday and Saturday night in the city. too many drunken fools clogging the roads.

·
Registered
4,830 Posts
I generally avoid getting on the bike Friday and Saturday night in the city. too many drunken fools clogging the roads.
It's not just the city. It's like that everywhere in this country I'm afraid.

The most dangerous time to go out in ANY vehicle is Saturday night between midnight and 3AM.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts