Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After searching high and low for an '05 SVS with no luck whatsoever I decided to look for a used bike. It just happened that I found a pretty decent '03 SVS that looked promising on the internet. I called the guy and thought it would be worth cheking it out in person. I get over to the guys house and find that it's more then what I expected. The thing has pretty low miles, is great shape but the extras had me sold right away. How about an Ohlin shock, Race Tech Gold Valve Emu's, Power Commander, and SS brake lines!?!? The only thing I don't like is that the guy did his own fender eliminator thing and it's not that clean. I'll have to figure something out on that as well as getting some decent turn signals.

I don't have any pics at this time. I'll try to get some on Friday when I plan on putting on a new exhaust.

·
Registered
551 Posts
congrats... glad u are finally part of our family!

·
Registered
241 Posts
Way to go! There are many, many companies that offer an undertail that looks sweet.
Other than that, just sounds like you need a Gixxer front end and you're set!

Welcome to the SV family!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Maritan said:
Oooh! Some one took my advice! :eek: Doesn't happen that often!  :D
I didn't think I had a choice after ignoring you the first time you asked me ;) I just noticed your post count is at 666...sweet.

The one question I have is do I really need the power commander? I only plan on installing a slip-on so will I be gaining anything by having the PC installed? I know nothing about the unit other then it's installed at the moment w/a stock intake and exhaust.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Squonk said:
The one question I have is do I really need the power commander?  I only plan on installing a slip-on so will I be gaining anything by having the PC installed?  I know nothing about the unit other then it's installed at the moment w/a stock intake and exhaust.
You don't technically "NEED" the power commander, but I highly recommend it since it's already there.
Stock fuel mapping is quite lean and the commander works to correct this.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts