Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I crashed, bike is totalled. Pics page 4

**Pics page 4**

The car was turning left, she was looking at her gps.

We were travlleing north, and she was travelling south.

I hit the car in her left headlight at ~35 mph, pushed the hood back to her tire, my front tire flew a couple feet.

my friend with his rsv4 clipped the rear end of my bike, wich i wasnt on anymore ( i flew a couple feet too), his girlfriend did a pretty good flight too.

metal plate on my right wrist, 2 plates on the left arm of my friend, + couple bruises, and his GF is ok with good bruises to her ass and tighs

sorry for the badf writing, im french and typîng with my left hand.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Damn sorry to hear, that sounds pretty rough! Glad to hear you're still standing, I hope you have a speedy recovery mon ami.

·
Premium Member
1,471 Posts
I assume you all were wearing gear. 35 MPH is enough to do significant damage. Glad to hear you all came out of this relatively unscathed. Could have been much worse. Hope you both find suitable replacement bikes soon.

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
35 MPH put a rod in my leg so definitely enough to do damage. Sorry to hear about your accident and wish you a speedy recovery!

·
Registered
3,965 Posts
yep, left turners suck!!! got my 1st piece of Ti and 7 screws courtsey of my 'church lady'...and killed the SV, snapped it's neck!!...

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
Hope you recover quickly, the bike is replaceable, glad to hear you all came out well (for a 35mph accident anyway).

·
Registered
155 Posts
That's what nearly happened to me two weeks ago... Old lady, left turn... I was able to stop on time, a miracle! Wishing you a swift a complete recovery!!!

·
Registered
264 Posts
That sucks man. Glad to here none of you where not more seriously hurt. Did you all have gear on?

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
thx all

we were all wearing gear, doctor said that saved us big time.

35 mph head on with another car travelling at the same speed is enough to do some big damages

·
Premium Member
4,340 Posts
This is something we all fear. I assume you saw what was happening soon enough to slow before impact. If not could you list the gear you were wearing? Some of use might want to upgrade.
If you're not scared off riding, start a thread when it's time to buy a new bike.

Good luck.

·
Registered
982 Posts
Glad your still with us. I hope the healing goes well.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
This is something we all fear. I assume you saw what was happening soon enough to slow before impact. If not could you list the gear you were wearing? Some of use might want to upgrade.
If you're not scared off riding, start a thread when it's time to buy a new bike.

Good luck.
couldn't do anything to avoid or slow down. she turned right in front of us.

i was wearing:

shoei tz1 helmet
scorpion hat trick coat
alpinestar gp-pro gloves
oxtar airtech boots
jeans and long underwear

my friend hit my gas tank with his arm, that's what broke it in 2.

next bike will be an SV1000S 2005+, spring 2013. if everything goes well.

·
Premium Member
2,041 Posts
Heal quickly and hope you have a fast recovery. An upgrade from the 650 to the 1K is nice, but doesn't offer more crash protection. :)

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Heal quickly and hope you have a fast recovery. An upgrade from the 650 to the 1K is nice, but doesn't offer more crash protection. :)
yup, but it is still funnier than truck to drive. :p

1 - 20 of 55 Posts