Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I rode around for a few hours today and really noticed how my seat destroys my ass after about an hour. Later I got back on my bike to take a short ride to check out some padding at a fabric store, and wish I drove my cage. I am affraid of my seat- it hurts so much!!! I am still having problems sitting 8 hours later!!!!
I remember a little while ago a post where someone took a large gel mouse pad, cut it down and replaced the stock seat padding with it. If you read this, how did it work out?
The gel mouse pad looked like a really good idea, although I read the gel seats are not as good as the sargeant seats, so I am wondering if I should try some different stuff.
I wound up buying some chair seat padding and cutting it down, but don't want to put it on, cause it doesn't feel too much different than what's on there now.
Anyone have any ideas? The store had some really comfortable small pillows that I was thinking about stiching up to fit the seat. Not too sure about that though.
Please--- Any experienced seat re-padding people HELP!!!
Thanks.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Take it to a shop that does auto upolstry and have them put new softer foam in and recover. Shouldnt cost much.

·
Registered
571 Posts
i thought most people put in stiffer foam to replace the stock stuff. that is why the stock seat sucks, it is not very supportive. especially after riding for a while.

i know the corbin i bought for my '03 felt hard as a rock compared to stock. but it was actually very comfortable.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I had the same problem. But now, after 5234 miles, I have no more pain. Tough it up, man. No one ever said motorcycling was a low impact sport!! :lol:

·
Registered
65 Posts
http://www.diymotorcycleseat.com/index.php

all the info you need to re-cover your seat yourself. I did it myself and I spent around $20 for both seats. I bought new material for my seats too, marine grade black vinyl from Jo-Annes Fabric store. 2 yards will be more than enough to do both seats. Got the foam there too. I was only ablt to ride my bike for about 30 minutes before my rear hurt so bad I wanted to sell my bike and buy a cruiser. Now I can ride all day without any pain at all. The bike is actually very comfortabel now. I will post pics of my seat tomorrow if you are interested, I have a guy over on the Gen 1 forum that wants pics too.

·
Registered
2,759 Posts
I can help you with that by replacing the foam in your seat with temper foam.
It is a foam that takes the shape of your body.If you want to check out my web site www.rodinteriors.net you can see a picture of it and how it works.
Leave those old threads alone ;) You can not sell your stuff to someone who is not actif anymore :nana:

The acount off the OP has been deleted and the post is from 07-10-2005 :eek:

·
Premium Member
611 Posts
haha, I was astounded at the dates as well. My bike was still on the production line, the 2nd gens were but an idea in some jap's head, and yet it's still good info on that DIY site.

Goes to show that the search box can turn up some wild stuff.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts