Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I just picked up the new project bike. It just came out of storage after 3 years and unfortunately had gas in the tank, so that may be an issue when I try to get it running.

It obviously needs a battery, the carbs will need rebuilt, the gas tank needs cleaned, but I think that should get it fired. Then I plan to make it look like the father of the sv (cafe racer).

I'm geeked!

** Edit for a title change

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
that's pretty hot. i think you should sit on the bike like that and let marissa drive you around the block. maybe lean into the turns too

Y

·
0 Posts
Thats pretty cool Ron... cant wait to see what you come up with for this!

·
Registered
551 Posts
dude ron...love the flames on the garage wall!!! thats tits!!!

·
Registered
231 Posts
Looks pretty cool to me and that 1970's pillion back rest (Sissy Bar) really looks retro. :wink: Man, you have room in your garage for at least 2 or 3 more bikes. 8)
Cheers!

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
A1A said:
Looks pretty cool to me and that 1970's pillion back rest (Sissy Bar) really looks retro. :wink: Man, you have room in your garage for at least 2 or 3 more bikes. 8)
Cheers!
The next few bikes in my garage will be of the pedal variety. :lol:

·
Registered
63 Posts
I just sold my old 1971 cb450 about a month ago. I learned to ride on her. I took her all apart, put in new pistons and rings. I also repainted it with car paint and expoy primer on the frame. I loved that bike.

I even designed my own design with vynil

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
I have garage envy. I used to have a two car garage...damn divorce. LOL

I shall again, dammit.

BTW, you take the miata on the track too??

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
DougZ said:

I shall again, dammit.

I used to autocross a lot and have done a few track days too.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
xyster101 said:
I just sold my old 1971 cb450 about a month ago. I learned to ride on her. I took her all apart, put in new pistons and rings. I also repainted it with car paint and expoy primer on the frame. I loved that bike.
Why didn't you post it up here? I know that there were at least 2 of us looking for them in that period. I would have prefered to buy yours (assuming a reasonable price).

Mine doesn't run yet but it was cheap. :wink:

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
ronlarimer said:
DougZ said:

I shall again, dammit.

I used to autocross a lot and have done a few track days too.
Saw the roll bar, figured that was the case.

When I have more money to burn, I would like to get into track days with cars.

·
Hall Monitor
2,738 Posts
So what do you plan to do with it, Ron? Stock restoration? Cafe racer? Pseudoantique? Ratbike?

That's what I love about '70s era Japanese standards- so much like a blank canvas, waiting for you to get creative.

Bill

G

·
0 Posts
ronlarimer said:
g_man500a said:
I like your garage:)
Thanks but that is just a small part... I have posted these pics before.
Wow. That's really a nice set up. Maybe I'll be able to have one similar to it someday :D I see your license plate has an Ohio State Alumni border on it. My girlfriend's brother is going there right now. Thanks for the pictures.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
bmetz99 said:
So what do you plan to do with it, Ron? Stock restoration? Cafe racer? Pseudoantique? Ratbike?

That's what I love about '70s era Japanese standards- so much like a blank canvas, waiting for you to get creative.

Bill
Cafe Racer along these lines...

1 - 20 of 26 Posts