Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Welcome to the board, you looking for an Sv? Some great bikes in the for sale section of the forum.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Welcome, have you ever ridden a bike before?? If the answer is no then you know what to do I hope. (school, small bike for 1st year, etc....)
A Ninja 250 or 500 would be plenty to teach you the ropes and the nice thing is that you will get the money back when you sell it due to them not losing value. No matter what people say the SV is not a beginner machine. I am sorry to all of you that say you did fine on it. A 70HP bike isn't a beginner bike.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Agreed. I think it depends on the maturity of the rider and what experience he/she has though. GL on finding your bike. I'm pretty new too and the forums are a gold mind for information. Keep reading up and be smart, stay safe!

·
Registered
8,290 Posts
+1

The SV is not a bad beginner bike, but there are better choices out there. Search the board and make your own decision; this has been debated before.

·
MOTORADOR
10,956 Posts
+2

Still, welcome to the forums.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well I have ridden my dads 800, but its heavy, and I don't want a heavy machine. I really want a 600, but I was talked out of that bc of the unforgiving power, and the fact that they are mearly just a street leagal track bike. I am going to try to find a 500 or 599, but I would love a 650, I see the gladius on the for sale forum. I actually feel I am falling in love with it ;)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Welcome, have you ever ridden a bike before?? If the answer is no then you know what to do I hope. (school, small bike for 1st year, etc....)
A Ninja 250 or 500 would be plenty to teach you the ropes and the nice thing is that you will get the money back when you sell it due to them not losing value. No matter what people say the SV is not a beginner machine. I am sorry to all of you that say you did fine on it. A 70HP bike isn't a beginner bike.

My first motorcycle was 111 BHP ZX6R.. Took some getting used to, but I got on with it fine and in the England weather too!

But, I guess I don't disagree with you - it would have been nicer to have felt a little safer while I was starting out!

Ultimately, I think it's just down to the individual. Know your limits.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts