Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all.
I’ve just purchased a 2003 SV650. I’m loving it.
I’ve been on a 125cc for the last two and half years and this is my first “big bike”

I’m UK based. I’ve limited mechanical knowledge but I’ve managed to do things like servicing and changing fork seals on my 125cc.

a few things I’d like to change on the SV:
The Handle Bars. These have been changed in the past and just spread my arms a bit to wide… if that makes sense?

The head light… it’s the original and probably the only part that dates the bike. And suggestion for an easy swap?

the multibot? Talk to me… easy to fit?

any other advice welcome.
Mike

·
Registered
2000 SV650 N
1,244 Posts
Welcome to SVR Mike. You'll find a bunch of Brits here, and lots of advice. Enjoy.

Reactions: Mikey13

·
Registered
404 Posts
There's also a UK forum for SVs

Reactions: Mikey13

·
Registered
333 Posts
Yeh, my brother and father finally got around to riding my SV the other day. They both said the same thing, that the bars were too narrow and hurt their wrists and elbows. I’ve never noticed myself, and I have long arms, too, but the reach is narrower than it is on bikes like the GSX-S, etc.

The headlight? The size makes it ideal for a ready-made nice LED swap. Modern look while keeping the original lines.

·
Registered
603 Posts
On the SV you could literally buy any 7" round headlight with its own bucket, add generic clamps for 7" headlight and 41mm forks, anf you would be good to go.

I went with LedPerf type 2.

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle

Reactions: Troy Jollimore

·
Registered
2005 SV650S
12 Posts
Hi all.
I’ve just purchased a 2003 SV650. I’m loving it.
I’ve been on a 125cc for the last two and half years and this is my first “big bike”

I’m UK based. I’ve limited mechanical knowledge but I’ve managed to do things like servicing and changing fork seals on my 125cc.

a few things I’d like to change on the SV:
The Handle Bars. These have been changed in the past and just spread my arms a bit to wide… if that makes sense?

The head light… it’s the original and probably the only part that dates the bike. And suggestion for an easy swap?

the multibot? Talk to me… easy to fit?

any other advice welcome.
Mike
Welcome Mike from down under Im a new SV owner and find this a great site for great information
Regards,
Dave

1 - 7 of 7 Posts