Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To hugger or not to hugger? I just got a new Hotbodies undertail, which I dearly love! I also love the look of NO hugger! Problem being that I can already see some small nicks in the paint form crap flying up from the rear tire. I also have the rear license plate mounted with the Competition Werkes mounting bracket which puts it way up front out of the way. Which I also love! Problem is that it is barely visable from the rear over the naked rear tire. I can live with this, but adding a hugger only compunds this problem. So, what I am looking for is some advice? If I go with a hugger hopefully someone can give me some info on one that REALLY huggs the rear tire (read LOW profile). I know there are a lot of huggers out there, so I thought I would tap into the collective wisdom of the board. THANKS!

·
Premium Member
4,625 Posts
Well...believe it or not, huggers do not protect your undertail. My hugger is muddy ontop of the hugger itself, and my whole undertail is dirty too. What it does do is keep the shock clean, thats about it.

·
Registered
3,399 Posts
all huggers do is protect the shock from debris... your undertail is still going to get dirty... sawy :-[

·
Registered
687 Posts

mine works ok i don't get as much crap on my tail as i used too but like everyone said i got more because i love my shock more then i love my undertail ;D

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, I see! I appreciate the info. I didn't realize that the hugger wouldn't protect the undertail. But I guess if you think about it the way the tire rotates crap will be thrown up before it ever gets to the hugger! :eek: OK, I guess I'll have to re-think my situation. I have the stock (crap) shock, so I guess there isn't too much to worry about there!

Nice hugger you've got there though! Is that the factory one? Also where did you get them clear led tail lights?

·
Registered
687 Posts
yes it's OEM :) the fit is good i got it the same time i got the solo seat . it helps a little bit on the undertail maybe if you added a fender ex ender to it that would help ? i don't know.the clear lights here are some http://forum.svrider.com/index.php?topic=46112.0 i got mine from e bay for like $73 or $74 i like them it helps with the high mount .

·
Registered
326 Posts
Just say no to huggers.

No real reason behind it lol. Just don't like em.

·
Registered
52 Posts
If you don't mind your shock getting dirty, you don't really need a hugger.

It helps on the undertail, but only a tiny bit, it's mostly for the shock.

·
Registered
326 Posts
The 05s have a built in black hugger. It's really a toolbox.:) My shock stays clean. :)

·
Registered
359 Posts
I like the look of a black hugger. Only I hate how they will do nothing for me at this point. Pure bling really.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I have a Carbon Fiber rear hugger i'm trying to fit at the moment, but it has holes on the RHS (looking from the back towards the front of the bike) which don't line up with anything?? Am I missing some kind of mounting bracket?? Whats the deal here?

·
Registered
687 Posts
: Mr. Black
Insert Quote
The 05s have a built in black hugger. It's really a toolbox.Smiley My shock stays clean. Smiley
the 04 have one too but when you have an aftermarket shock you want to keep it as clean as you can ;)

SpeedyBoy

did you get it for the sv or svs i "think" they are diffrent also make sure you got the right year too beside that i have no clue

·
Registered
67 Posts
coyote, your avatar makes me feel like i'm inside a lava lamp. :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts