Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got home from work and got caught in a down pour.... When I got off the Highway I had to go through a huge deep puddle.... after the bike started running rough and lost power... I read in another post that plugs getting wet can cause this.... How long can I let the bike sit before addressing this? will it be okay to sit till the weekend when i will have time to work on the bike or should I take care of this ASAP?
Thanks

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yes it was probably your front cylinder losing power. Dielectric grease around the spark plug boot will help prevent this in the future.

·
Super Moderator
8,820 Posts
Poke a pipe cleaner in the drain hole on right side of engine.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was going to replace the plugs this weekend any way..... Guess this was as good a time as any.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Registered
426 Posts
I was going to replace the plugs this weekend any way..... Guess this was as good a time as any.
New plugs are always nice... :).

A friendly tip: While I doubt there would still be water in there by the weekend, just be sure to remove any sitting water above the spark plug before removing it. You don't want any water going into your cylinder. ;)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank god for air compressors... I was able to take the boot off the front plug and blow the water out.... Got her running again!!! Not much space between the radiator and plug though.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Registered
7,579 Posts
You can swing the radiator out of the way by unbolting and unclipping it.

Don't forget your dielectric grease and cleaning out the drain hole.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts