Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so im changing out my from brake pads, first time of course. im folloeing everything in the hanesmanual and in the "sportbiketrackgear" youtube video. took everything apart ok, cleaned it all. went to swap out the regular bleeders for speed bleeders and now im screwed somehow. i pump the front brake and nothing, i went to the other side to see if i could change it out with a spped bleeder and re create a vacume, and it was already dry, and from the looks of it it hasnt had beakefluid touch it for a while,could they have messed up the line before? how do i get the fluid back into my lines? the master is full im pumping fast, holding forever, trying everything and i just cant get movment help please!

·
Premium Member
2,108 Posts
I'd start by replacing the original bleeders. Then, either backfill from the caliper with a syringe (push the fluid up to the mc), or use a mitey vac to pull the fluid down from the mc. IIRC, the system has to be full of fluid when you install a speedbleeder.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ive got fluid going through the 2nd one i thought was dry, but not i cant get the 2nd piston to push back on it now...

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok so i figured out i was putting brake fluid in the "diaphragm" so thats why it wasnt working, i will post a what not to do when changing your brakes for noobs tomorrow...

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
ok so i figured out i was putting brake fluid in the "diaphragm" so thats why it wasnt working, i will post a what not to do when changing your brakes for noobs tomorrow...
Looking forward to a good read!:roflmao::lmao:

·
Premium Member
2,389 Posts
Diaphragm? you mean the rubber cover under the lid of the reservoir? lolz

1 - 7 of 7 Posts