Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a computer science student at Texas A&M university. My SV650 is my first bike and I have had it for a little less than 2 years. I've spent the last several hours reading this forum looking into some of the issues with my bike, and everyone here seems very nice.

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
I am a computer science student at Texas A&M university. My SV650 is my first bike and I have had it for a little less than 2 years. I've spent the last several hours reading this forum looking into some of the issues with my bike, and everyone here seems very nice.
Welcome aboard! If you ever make it out to Cedar Park/N. Austin give a holler.

As far as everyone being nice, well, stick around a little longer. I'll properly berate you at some point, I'm sure. ;D

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi. I was happy and surprised to see so many replies to my greeting. I don't have any pictures right now, because I accidentally deleted my whole photo collection half a year ago. I'll try to take a pic soon though to satisfy people's curiosity.

I have a couple of problems that I suspect are fairly minor, but are beyond my mechanical aptitude to fix. My front tire is mysteriously deflating although I don't see any punctures or abrasions, I should replace my headlight with something stock rather than a Ninja 250 light, pushing the starter only works about 1/5 times, and there is a nasty rattling noise coming from the engine that is presumably the cam chain. Despite these problems, I commute to and from school on my bike every day.

Newt, are you sure that you don't want me to berate you instead? You seem to have masochistic tendencies judging by your avatar. ;D

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Wow, I didn't have the faintest clue what that movie is. With some searching I figured out that the movies is Death Race 2000, which was apparently popular enough to be remade last year. Honestly I don't follow movies that much, so it isn't so surprising I hadn't heard of the movie.

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
Wow, I didn't have the faintest clue what that movie is. With some searching I figured out that the movies is Death Race 2000, which was apparently popular enough to be remade last year. Honestly I don't follow movies that much, so it isn't so surprising I hadn't heard of the movie.
It's also pretty old. Don't know how old you are (I'm 40), but maybe 'fore your time sonny. ;D

That kit car is a collector's item too. Wish I could find one.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts