Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Allo everybody, Coming over from the Rx7 world (1988 GXL) to finally fill a childhood dream.

Riding a motorcycle!
Last experience was a Kawasaki KX250 I had for a while when I was younger. Figured with a steady job I'd move up to the big boys.

Recently bought an 01' SV650S project bike in great condition with around 8001 miles. Lightly modded with some spares and gear included. Sadly it's not been running since last summer :( The previous owner had the front fairing removed and was converting it to a Naked SV with the bars being removed for an upper triple. Which is when I found it.

Current issues now is getting the Harness back in order and hopefully finding the parts needed to convert it to Naked.

Which at the moment is the front headlamp mount brackets, if I could find any for sale.

But besides that, I'll be searching around the forum about how to get the SV up and running again. Mostly looking for info on the Wiring harness as Im a bit of a loss on that subject.

So any information or a push in the right way would be appreciated!

Sadly, I'm not sure I'll be able to do the work myself as I barely get a chance off work to come home for more than two days.
Currently working in KY, first as an I&R tech during the Ice storm and now as a digital cable installer.

So I may end up having to take it to a Suzuki dealer to get the bike worked on sadly. Which brings up another question, What would it run to have the Vapor gauge installed along with all the wiring put back together on the bike? What else should I have serviced if I do as its been sitting for so long?

Well, off to research I suppose. Sorry for the randomness in the post. I'm a bit tired and just got back from work a while ago.

But hey, atleast it's a project to hope for until I can get my Motorcycle License.
Thank's if you took the time to read!

-David

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hehe, Thanks. Looking back I'm fairly certain going straight from climbing under houses all day then trying to make a coherent post isn't one of my strong point's xD

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
hey welcome to the site. Im out of Clarksville, TN. hope to see you on the road sometime.

Oh, RX7 is my dream car, I never got to own one but in highschool I got to drive a FD with 50 miles on it since it belonged to a guy on the soccer team. I t still had the T-tags and stickers in the window. I believe he wrecked it after we graduated. I am currently attempting to convince my wife to allow me to get a FC so I can do a LS swap.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guy!
Always nice to get a warm welcome.

As for the FC, It's currently in need of a new clutch :p

·
Registered
153 Posts
Glad you got an SV! Im out of Knoxville/Chattanooga TN. Maybe ill see ya on the road one day.

Enjoy it!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just got word back from Suzuki yesterday, Bike should be up and running sometime this or next week :)

Sadly, I'm not the one doing the work :(

But hey, Good news I suppose.
Hoping to see some of you TN folk on the road once I get my MSF course completed and license!

If you ever run through the Crossville/Cookevile/Jamestown area lemme know and I'll be happy to join you for a ride

Thanks again for the great welcome

1 - 9 of 9 Posts