Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2017 SV650 ABS
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As of 20 hours ago I became the owner of my second bike, a 2017 SV650 ABS model. After 9 months of searching I finally found what may very well be my forever, or close to it, ride. Single owner, only 2,200 miles, dealer maintained, and garage kept. I passed over dozens of decently priced S models and found this one at a great price. A steal basically.

My first bike was also single owner and dealer maintained. It was an excellent learning platform of a 2016 Honda CBR500R. Unfortunately, it binned about a month ago. I was in some twisties and an oncoming car decided they wanted to be greedy and take some of my lane too. I went wide, touched the stripe, and off she went. All I got out of it was a 6 inch gash on my leg but she got totaled by insurance. Thanks to the current market value I got almost 50% more than I put into it and decided to chase what I wanted to hold onto for a while.

I hope to use this season to use what I’ve learned from my first foray into motorcycling and get years of fun out of this fantastic bike. So far it’s been tastefully modified by the previous owner with a tail tidy, a Fuel exhaust, bar end mirrors, and a color matched meter visor. Of course I’d like to personalize it a bit more with some adjustable levers and a Motodemic LED headlight. In the mean time I need to get acquainted with my new best friend. My kids love it more than the old bike and this v-twin sounds awesome. Perhaps I’ll be lucky enough to ride today without it being the torrential downpour that I rode it home in.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Wow, that's a beaut! Bummer about the old CBR but you got an excellent replacement, here's hoping you have years of rubber down/shiny up 🍻

·
Registered
13 Posts
Nice find! I had my heart set on a used SV650 as well and didn't rush... Took my time and waited for a pristine example with many nice mods to pop up on the used market at a bargain price. Ended up with a steal, and like you, a 2017 ABS In red. Please post your mods as you put your own touch on it!! Ride safe and enjoy!

·
Registered
2017 SV650 ABS
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wow, that's a beaut! Bummer about the old CBR but you got an excellent replacement, here's hoping you have years of rubber down/shiny up 🍻
I can already tell my skills are still a bit shaken but I’m taking my time getting acquainted with the new ride. It balances a lot easier but feels more substantial. Plus the brakes are leaps and bounds better than what I came from.

·
Registered
2017 SV650 ABS
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nice find! I had my heart set on a used SV650 as well and didn't rush... Took my time and waited for a pristine example with many nice mods to pop up on the used market at a bargain price. Ended up with a steal, and like you, a 2017 ABS In red. Please post your mods as you put your own touch on it!! Ride safe and enjoy!
Good things definitely came to those that waited. For $5,500 I couldn’t pass this up.

·
Registered
739 Posts
I can already tell my skills are still a bit shaken but I’m taking my time getting acquainted with the new ride. It balances a lot easier but feels more substantial. Plus the brakes are leaps and bounds better than what I came from.
Good, I don't often hear people praising the stock SV brakes so the 500 must be rough.
Nice avatar, 👊 I'm definitely a fan of Killer Mike

·
Registered
2017 SV650 ABS
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Good, I don't often hear people praising the stock SV brakes so the 500 must be rough.
Nice avatar, 👊 I'm definitely a fan of Killer Mike
After having a few issues with lock-up on the Honda having ABS adds a bit more confidence. Nothing better than having the rear lock up on you after getting splashed through a puddle with light pressure. And RTJ4 is probably second n my list of albums from them

1 - 11 of 11 Posts