Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone-
How do i remove the front seat on my SV? I've searched past posts and i know you access it from under the rear seat, but i can't for the life of me figure out/find which bolt under there releases it. I'm probably missing something obvious, but some directions would be much appreciated. I need to get the foam shaved down ASAP!

Gracias
Liz

·
Premium Member
3,499 Posts
You didn't say if it was 1st or 2nd gen bike? I don't about the 1st gen's but on the newer bikes remove the two little plastic "triangles" on the side of the bike under the front seat and the seat bolts are under there. The it just slides up and out, there is a tab in the back, not a bolt.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Coop said:
You didn't say if it was 1st or 2nd gen bike? I don't about the 1st gen's but on the newer bikes remove the two little plastic "triangles" on the side of the bike under the front seat and the seat bolts are under there. The it just slides up and out, there is a tab in the back, not a bolt.
First gen is exactly the same procedure. Thanks, Mike.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Liz - You replacing your seat with another one? Or getting your current one customized??

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Customizing-just getting the current one shaved down about an inch. Currently i can only touch my toes to the ground, and i want a little more leverage so that it's less awkward to park, etc. Unless you know of a good seat that does sit lower!

·
Registered
96 Posts
I COMPLETELY UNDERSTAND!!!

I had mine done about 1 1/2 inches... I can touch much better. Makes starting and stoping a LOT easier

·
Registered
11 Posts
Liz said:
Sorry-it's a 2005. I'll take a look-thanks for the advice!
No write-up on the site yet, yet, but I took the seat off my 2005 when I hacked up my rear fender - pics are here:

http://www.sundaybender.com/autocross/svshell.php

You can see in the first couple of pics what you have to remove to get the seat off.

When you remove the bolts from the triangular side covers, they won't just fall off - there are two little "plugs" that stick into rubber grommets on the frame that hold them on - just pull steadlily until you get them off. You will then expose the bolts that hold the sides of the seat to the frame.

Remove those bolts and lift the front of the seat to remove.

Good luck!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the info guys-and i'm glad to hear that lowering the seat made it easier to manuever. I live in New York, so there are tons of stops and starts (especially quick stops!) trying to get out of the city, and not being able to really touch the ground has been making it harder to build my confidence level on the bike.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts