Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I want to install handlebar raiser, as you see picture attached, how to remove 4 bolts? Look like there are 4 caps on the bolts? Thanks.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I pryed one off with my fingernail without a problem. You are looking at caps, not bolts. There are hex bolts underneath.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks. By doing some research, I found this one from Twist Throttle.com, look nice but pricey. Anyone has any other product or other source? Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
Premium Member
1,471 Posts
RoxSpeed risers rotate and mount your bars just about anywhere in a 2" radius forward, up or back. There are several brands out there similar to the last pic. Try googling motorcycle bar-backs or motorcycle barbacks. Motorcycle Superstore has a wide variety - the multipiece risers are useful if you don't know how much lift you want or if you aren't sure how much freeplay you have in your lines. I might have a set available - need to look. PM me if you want 'em cheap (assuming I can find them).

·
Registered
56 Posts
Also search for "handlebar risers" -- the SV handlebars are 7/8".

A lot of guys here like the "genmar" or "gen mar" risers, they move your stock handlebars 1" up and 1 3/16" back or something like that. look a lot like what you posted. i just picked up a used pair, but new ones are around $100.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-up-1-25-b...Parts_Accessories&hash=item27bd2dcc91&vxp=mtr

I looked at those on ebay... same basic idea as the genmar (but cheaper) -- but i didn't like the polished look since our handlebars are brushed.

If you keep your eyes peeled in the for sale section you may be able to snag a good deal on some used risers....

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I check the brake line, I think my 2004 SV650 will not have any problem with 1" handlebar riser.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I just installed the Genmars last night (1 up, 1.25 or back) on my 2007 - similar to that ebay link. Everything cleared, but the electrical lines were tight. They are wrapped around the frame once under the airbox. I unplugged, unwrapped, replugged and have plenty of play on the electrical wires as well! got about 1/2" clearance between the grips and the gas tank at full lock on each side.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts