Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how do i do this with out removing forks first.?

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
bike not jacked up high enough in my kitchen......
and even once the forks are off then how do I remove the lower triple.

·
OberKommandant
6,133 Posts
If you can't lift the bike high enough to remove the forks in order to remove the lower triple, you won't likely be able to remove the lower triple with the forks still in it either.

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah, got that part off, I am down to just the lower triple, are they the same as the triple on the S?
this may be a waste of time as it is...

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If you can't lift the bike high enough to remove the forks in order to remove the lower triple, you won't likely be able to remove the lower triple with the forks still in it either.
good point now that I am thinking about it...

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Makes sense, sorry bro. You should be able to remove the top triple and nuts/ washers etc. and push the whole thing down. Just be careful of the bearings.
yeah, I was looking at schematics and got the chills when I saw the bearings

·
OberKommandant
6,133 Posts
I suppose it's possible that you could loosen the lower triple enough to slide it down the forks enough to clear the steering head, but I don't have a bike handy to check it out.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I feel a bit responsible for this! Ha! I actually am using ratchet straps that are hooked to a chain that is hooked to the rafters of my garage to lift the front of the bike in order to take the forks off. Not sure if you have access to an overhead beam/rafter, but that may be the way to go.

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Are the lower triples for the S the same as the N

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
why would I have to switch them out to mount the s clip ons, I can understand wanting to change out the top triple but the lower? I am not seeing the purpose.

·
Registered
333 Posts
If you install an S top triple, you must install an S bottom triple. The S and N triples have a slightly different rake.
You don't have to but it's a good idea. the S and N triple are a hair different, and without a handy mallot, it isn't particularly easy to install an S top with an N bottom. Could also be the year difference that I tried on my bike. 04 S top with an 03 n lower. IDK

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
ok so I took off the fork caps and sucked out the fork oil allowing the forks to drop....
taking off the front wheel now,

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
like I said earlier, this is going on in my kitchen, I don't have a backyard to work in... I have most of the tools but not everything yet.

ok so how do I get the steering column to slide out.????

1 - 20 of 21 Posts