Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I recently bought an '03 SV1000. Great bike but it needs tires. I cannot for the life of me get the front wheel off. I read the owners manual and it said to not remove the left side pinch bolts. I removed all pinch bolts, removed the brake calipers, and made a tool to fit axle nut. I first tried to spin the axle counter clockwise and nothing happened. I then tried to spin it clockwise and the axle started to come out but the fork hits the wheel/rotor. I hit the axle with a rubber mallet and I'm just not sure what i'm doing wrong. Can anyone help?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
You needed to follow the service manual directions.

OK from where you are now...

tighten the pinch bolts on the fork that is on the clutch lever side of the bike (left side). Unscrew the axle counterclockwise with your tool. Once the axle is loose, loosen the left side pinch bolts. Unscrew the axle the rest of the way and pull it out. Then pull out the sleeve in the left fork. Presto, done.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I tried that to begin with thinking the clutch lever side pinch bolts would act as a holding device for a threaded portion of the axle. Thanks for your help!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts