Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i removed the rear no prob then i removed all the bolts for the radiator, but it still hangs by the hoses. how do i get it out of the way for spark plug removal?

Im not sure if i remove a hose if fluid will leak. what do i do/

·
Registered
101 Posts
The owners manual explains how to remove it.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the manual is retarded. it just says move the radiator forward. well it wont go forward enough at all. only way to get the tool in looks like to remove the tubes. any one else have a suggestion?

·
Registered
198 Posts
It can be done. Don't remove the tubes. I had to unplug the connectors to the fans to get the rad to swing out of the way enough.

·
Registered
737 Posts
I did this last night. I unbolted the fan from the radiator to give me that extra little bit of clearance.

Make sure to remove your horn - that will give you some more space to swing the radiator forward.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Keep in mind that you're not going to get a t-handle on the thing. You're just looking for enough clearance to slip the spark plug socket into the hole and then place a ratchet, or a small extension and then a ratchet on the socket. It doesn't take that much clearance.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I took the horn off, and loosed the lower radiator bolt and pushed it forward, that is it.

·
Registered
449 Posts
for anyone still wondering. yes, it is a good idea to take off the horn and the fan. Use a block of wood to chock it in place. Very important. It helps if you dont have big gorilla hands too.

·
Registered
93 Posts
ANd some of us just decided a long time ago that it's just far easier to remove the rad, rather than fighting with it. It's easier, just as quick, the way to go especially if you combine it with a valve check at the same time.

Andy

J

·
0 Posts
I had to change mine in the parking lot of the local bike shop. And i took the hoses off the rad and had anti-frz all over the place. I was sitting in it and it took me like an hour and a half just for the front plug. It wasent fun. And after all that bull i found out that the plugs werent even the problem. I just had a little water in the gas so I did all that for nothing

·
Registered
45 Posts
I just did mine. WOW what a pain in the ass. If I ever do that again, I'm just gonna say frack it and remove the radiator altogether.

·
Registered
910 Posts
You only need to remove the horn and bracket and then the three Radiator bolts. You can then access the front plug so long as you have the hinged Spark plug spanner/wrench from the SV toolkit(Using a 14mm Spanner/wrench on it helps) or a slim fit Spark plug tube.

The piece of card on the Rad is a Temp protector for the Rad fins and my knuckles. Also it's a good time to check the Spark plug cap as per,

On my Curvy I've moved the horn to the front left of my Motorcycle and removed the horn bracket so it's even easier,

The orange cable is just my Disc lock reminder that got into the picture :)

HTH :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts